/>

Post a Comment Print Share on Facebook

reads.

Venezuela : Maduro does not allow relief goods through major border bridge

There is nothing like progress in Cucuta. In the Colombian border town of tens of thousands of people walk daily on the now famous bridge of the "Simon Bolivar" to the foot from Venezuela to Colombia and back. Already on Monday should actually start humanitarian deliveries to Venezuela. But of Laden load is nothing to the car yet to see. A tanker and a Container to block the lanes of the second great border crossing between Cucuta and San Antonio.

This border crossing with the name "Tienditas" has already become a symbol for the developments between the two ideologically and diplomatically warring countries. The new border plant, in 2016 for about US $ 40 million in completed, since then unused in the sun. Both countries could not agree yet on a use. A couple of gangs of Smugglers of the unused infrastructure, the local media appears to enjoy, especially in the dawn reports about shootings.

Maduro blocked

The Venezuelan Opposition announced humanitarian relief supplies in Cucuta, the number one topic of conversation. Interim President Juan Guaidó had announced these supplies in the context of his rescue plan "Plan Pais", and a priority explains. "We hope that it will work with the deliveries, because the Venezuelans are in need of urgent assistance," says the Colombian Spencer (24) in an interview with the daily mirror. The impatience is growing, because nothing happens.

Guaidó called on the military to allow international aid into the country. Guaidó described the Blockade of the bridge as an "absurd reaction of a regime that is not interested in citizens". He wanted to do everything so that the aid can get, but to Venezuela. The armed forces, which are behind the head of state, Nicolás Maduro, are in a "Dilemma", said Guaidó.

daily mirror tomorrow location for Free

call US-foreign Minister Pompeo

order of the US Secretary of state Mike Pompeo called on Maduro and the Venezuelan military, the planned aid deliveries to pass through. "The Maduro-Regime" must ensure that the help the "starving people" reach, he wrote in the short message service Twitter.

Venezuela's socialist President Nicolas Maduro rejects the announced help. "We are not beggars," said Maduro. Instead, he criticized the United States sharply. If the United States wanted to help his country, youshould the sanctions and the Bank cancel blockages. The Venezuelan opposition politician Maria Corina Machado is not countered, Maduro let the auxiliary deliveries only to the country, because he would admit to the catastrophic supply situation. There are already a couple of years longer than the American sanctions.

Video 04.02.2019, 18:28 Uhr01:45 Min.Germany Guaidó as Venezuela's interim President

For Venezuela's Opposition, the situation is becoming more and more difficult. Especially the inroads of the Americans, calling on the generals to top of the page change, and US President, Donald Trump, even a military Invasion, does not exclude, for the camp, the young President of Parliament Guaidó increasingly becoming a burden.

The device is in a dangerous war with the Maduro Regime. Should it not succeed, the of the United States, as well as the numerous European and Latin American countries as the legitimate President recognized that, to get the aid packages to the country, would demonstrate its impotence in public.

Pope intended to convey

Guaidó is now seeking talks with local mayors to help in the implementation of the rescue plan. Maduro no steering is to be Expected. The powers-that-has proved in the past that he goes over dead bodies in order to defend his presidency. Meanwhile, socialist Deputy, the appearance in the social networks quite overweight to announce: "Then we just eat less, to defend the Revolution."

To walk across the border, because the promised aid does not materialize.Photo: Raul Arboleda, AFP

The momentum is. Guaidó, and urgently needs a political success, to get the circulation process. The lack of relief supplies is not the only Problem, which threatens the authority of the interim President to undermine. Both the Americans, as well as the Opposition had ruled out talks with the Maduro Regime so far. However, with each day of the hoped-for page breaks in the ranks of the military fails, is Guaidós weakened Position. Therefore, it is in his camp and in Washington now to rethink.

two attempts to come to the fore, which were previously thought for the Opposition as unacceptable: the diplomatic Initiative of Uruguay and Mexico, assert their independence, but the Maduro camp. This Thursday it's supposed to come in Montevideo to a preparatory Meeting with European representatives.

More about

Venezuela army blocked supplies from Colombia

And then Pope Francis, many say in Latin America, his heart beat on the left. The Church leader did not rule out the activity of mediation of the Vatican, if it wanted, both sides. Had written to him, Nicolas Maduro. The hook: A first mediation attempt by the Vatican failed about two years ago, failed miserably. At the time, Maduro got a letter from the Vatican. A senior Diplomat complained about the non-compliance with Commitments. After that, Maduro dissolved the freely elected Parliament, and Diosdado Cabello, number two of the socialist, derided publicly the cardinal Secretary Pietro Parolin, the author of the letter. (with AFP)

Avatar
Your Name
Post a Comment
Characters Left:
Your comment has been forwarded to the administrator for approval.×
Warning! Will constitute a criminal offense, illegal, threatening, offensive, insulting and swearing, derogatory, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, indecent, personality rights, damaging or similar nature in the nature of all kinds of financial content, legal, criminal and administrative responsibility for the content of the sender member / members are belong.