the united states has developed a plan for if Iran would attack us forces in the area or develop nuclear weapons, according to The New York Times.
In the plan, as the USA's acting secretary of defense Patrick Shanahan should have presented last week, is to send as many as 120.000 soldiers to the region if the conflict escalating.
rejected president Donald Trump the data.
– This is fake news. Hopefully we will not have such a plan. But if we had it, we would send many more soldiers than that, " he said to reporters according to the AFP news agency.
According to The New York Times, it is unclear whether Trump has taken the part of the defense department's new plan. The newspaper writes that the number of soldiers proposed to have ”shocked” some who were present at the meeting and compared with the troops sent to Iraq in 2003. The plan must have been developed at the request of Donald Trumps national security adviser John Bolton.
escalated the conflict between the countries up when a anfallsgrupp from the united states navy, was placed outside the Arabian peninsula. The united states has referred to the intelligence is said to indicate that Iran is doing its readiness to strike offensively against the united states. Iran has dismissed the information.
said both the US secretary of state Mike Pompeo and Iran's supreme leader, ayatollah Ali Khamenei, that there will be a war between the countries.
"We don't seek war with Iran," said Pompeo in a press conference in conjunction with a meeting with Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov on Tuesday, and added that the US will act if Iran attacks american interests.
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei wrote in a statement on its website that, ”Neither we or they want to have a war”, reports the AFP news agency.
Erik Ohlsson: the Voltage increases in the strait of Hormuz – the US blames the ”sabotageoperationer” on Iran