this is The fourth time in a year that Kim Jong-Un visits his powerful neighbor, after previously not bothered to meet with the chinese leadership during his six years as north korea's dictator.
DN:s Torbjörn Petersson answer three questions about what lies behind the north Korean leader's wanderlust.
" to Kim Jong-Un would like to coordinate its strategy with China ahead of the new planned summit later in the winter with the president of the united states Donald Trump. Just as he did before the first summit in June last year. In the same way, traveled Kim to China for the first time in march of last year, before the meeting with the South Korean president, Moon Jae-In.
– the Feeling of deja vu does not turn off.
– at the same time, Kim is likely to ensure that China, along with Russia, continue to press for international sanctions against north Korea will be eased. It was precisely the question of the north Korean leader raised in his new year speech, with an underlying threat that if this is not done there will be nothing of nuclear disarmament.
– A more careful, yet provocative interpretation is that Kim is in Beijing to ensure that China remains, to some extent, intend to violate the sanctions that Trump wants to isolate north Korea, but China since the earlier fail completely and fully.
– the Signal of his visit is sending to the White house goes not to misinterpreting: Look here, in Beijing I have an influential friend. I have several options if you do not tally (in all cases some of) my requirements.
the size of Kim's self-confidence is directly connected with how strong the support he can expect from China.
another topic at the discussions in Beijing can be the possible peace agreement on the Korean peninsula, which is planned to replace the truce that has so far only exists after the Korean war, 1950-53. The evidence suggests that north Korea wants China to become a party in the peace negotiations.
– the Hopes of the chinese media is that 2019 should also be a milestone of the same kind for north Korea, which in 1979 was for China. Then opened China to the outside world with economic reforms. The Global Times of China writes on Tuesday that Kim Jong-Un is planning for a new era in the nation's history after the second summit with Trump, which could open the country to large development opportunities.
– the Decision is not made yet, but according to reports in south Korea, officials from the U.S. department of state several times recently met with colleagues from north Korea in the Vietnamese capital of Hanoi to plan the new summit.
Vietnam has diplomatic relations with both the united states and north Korea.