The vette, heck, " says Tomas Tobé thoughtfully.
He talks about how he should be able to mingle in Brussels, skills that he actually need in the european Parliament.
" I think I'm a fairly social person, but it here, with comments... You can work out on it, and to move forward.
about how the Conservatives top candidate to compensate for a total of 40 years of experience in the european Parliament. The long-standing current moderate meps Gunnar Hökmark, Christofer Fjellner and Anna Maria Corazza Bildt is leaving parliament at the EU elections in may.
" You don't stand with cap in hand and waiting for information in Parliament, but you have to elbowing your way. I have already begun my work to meet with many important members of the EUROPEAN parliament, " says Tomas Tobé.
One often thinks that we do not have control on immigration policy and that we cannot fight these gangs well enough
It is not just the networks that disappear when Conservatives change Europaprofiler. The political message is also changing.
praised the freedom of movement. Tomas Tobés campaign goes on to talk about the downsides - that the cross-border crime or that the EU lacks a common policy on migration.
" When I speak with people today about the EU's free movement, then you do not think so often on the daughter's or son's opportunity to study in Europe or the possibility to start a business in another country. One often thinks that we do not have control on immigration policy and that we cannot fight these gangs well enough, " he says.Photographer Anette Nantells comment: Tomas Tobé want to be photographed at Sergels torg. To get a little more life and depth to the image I'm trying to get some pigeons in the foreground. Pigeons are not particularly compliant models, and I ask the conservatives press officer Niklas Gillström to lead them forward where Tobé standing and posing. All the doves flying stressed off in different directions. I snap a few pictures and hope that some of the birds stuck to the picture. Photo: Anette Nantell
the Conservatives are proposing that Sweden should join the European public prosecutor's office and to provide resources to Europol and to strengthen the EU's external border via the border control agency Frontex.
Tomas Tobé also want to make it possible to expel EU citizens who commit crimes.
– Then, one can deny them entry in Sweden again, " he says.
" We go against such a development if we do not get our house in order. It is clear that it is a failure. It is good that we have a freedom of movement for people and businesses in Europe, it has built our competitiveness. But we must look reality in the face, now we have so big problems.
It would be lovely if the Swedish parliament could act a little more like the european Parliament,
" It is clear that it is hard inside. This is at the core of european cooperation. But to win support for the free movement, then we need to restrict the free movement of criminals.
that has been shaped by New research pragmatism that speaks. Tomas Tobé came into parliament at the alliance's segerval 2006. He was also about the settlement with Reinfeldtepoken during his time as party secretary, from 2015 to 2017.Stockholm, 19 december 2014. The prospective M-leader Anna Kinberg Batra launches Tomas Tobé as the new party secretary. Photo: Fanni Olin Dahl/TT
Now, the longing he to the european Parliament.
– In the Swedish parliament is very much about that either clarify how much you are against The sweden democrats or describe exactly in what way you will talk with The sweden democrats. It would be lovely if the Swedish parliament could act a little more like the european Parliament – focus on the issues and to get things done.
Ewa Stenberg: the New law and EU-criticism should break the M's misery
Tomas Tobé clear that he is prepared to negotiate wide - even with the sweden democrats ' group – to get through their policy.
In the first place, he believes in the cooperation with the european socialists and liberals, and possibly also the green parties in the european Parliament. But he does not rule out making up with the nationalists and right-wing populists.
In all the main scenarios, you talk about 90-190 per cent more nuclear power for that we should be able to save the climate
His goal is to become the rapporteur on an issue - to lead the work with the new legislation.
– Then you get to make an analysis of the groups, which is the closest to be able to reach a majority. Is it so that I could, for example, the use of ECR, that is to say, where The sweden democrats sitting and the british Tories are sitting there right now... Then I would not drag me to try to convince them of the legislation I want through.
" I think this is pretty important. Thus, we must begin to focus more on substantive issues, on legislation and obtaining the work.
– for example, It may be about to secure the EU's external border. But it seems like that we can reach a rather broad majority behind it now.
engagement parties to the right and the left in the EUROPEAN elections in 2019, the fight against climate change. But their solutions look very different. The conservatives want to resurrect the debate about nuclear power, with reference to the latest report from the UN intergovernmental panel on climate change.
- In all the main scenarios, you talk about 90-190 per cent more nuclear power for that we should be able to save the climate.
" We get to work both in the short and long term. We get to work with it to go fast now, that is to say, it's renewable. But a first good step would be not to snabbavveckla nuclear power. Look at a country like Germany. Is it that nuclear energy, which are replaced only by renewable? No, now it is full load on coal power. Considering to become dependent on Russian gas.
- At the EU level, we have said that we should double the research, get up the next generation of nuclear power, may get more common standards. But it is clear that each member state should take responsibility for its energy mix.Gävle, sweden-27 January 2007. Tomas Tobé rejoices that the M meeting said yes to gender-neutral marriage. Photo: HENRIK MONTGOMERY / TT
through the policy after a won battle on the partistämman 2007, when the Conservatives said yes to gender-neutral marriage. A triumph that gave him the award this Year Homo in the magazine QX 2008.
In the european Parliament, will he now appear in the conservative EPP, together with a series of little LGBTQ-friendly parties. As the Spanish Partido Popular, which has been opposed to the Spanish law on same-sex marriage.
" I note that the parties do not share my opinion on the matter. But I have never experienced this as a problem.
- However, I believe that the EPP will move. They are located a little after the Conservatives.
- It will not be tomorrow, of course, but you have to look at the young generation in these parties. And you don't need to put the equal sign, that if you are against gender-neutral marriage, you are against lgbtq people. It doesn't need to be.
of course, There is nothing to suggest that Viktor Orbán and Fidesz are headed in the right direction, but on the contrary,
" It is clear that there can be emotions in politics. But oh my god, I have private friends who do not support gender-neutral marriage. I can be private friend with them in any case.
Viktor Orbán's Hungarian government party Fidesz has recently been suspended from the EPP, after the demands from among others the Swedish moderate party. Tomas Tobé see no way back.
- of course, There is nothing to suggest that Viktor Orbán and Fidesz are headed in the right direction, but, on the contrary.
" He has apparently sent a letter also and apologised for this, but it was an apology with an elbow at the same time.
– so, I think actually.
Sara Skyttedal (KD): Orbán and Macros are equally destructive
Malin Björk (V): I want to see a european airline tax
Peter Lundgren (SD): We have a red line against Russia
Heléne Fritzon (S): the EUROPEAN elections may mean more cooperation or a breakdown
Soraya Post (Fi): the Experience of the EU has made to the Fi to be thought about
Fredrick Federley (C): We should eat better, climate-smart meat - I eat a lot