When the prime minister returned to the british parliament on Thursday she received a scathing criticism of both of the colleagues that opposition. While Labour blamed the government, blamed the prime minister in parliament for not having been able to agree whether to leave the EUROPEAN union to the date that the first had been decided.
" Will you go now? hissed Bill Cash, one of those stubborn ”brexitörer” in the conservative party who would rather see a chaotic, avtalslös Brexit than further out.
remove it, and other attacks from their own – but something she can't downplay is that the government of northern ireland samarbetsparti DUP now openly threatening to trap the fly.
" There is talk of extending the now two-year parliamentary session begins additional. Let me say this: I think that many people in this house, including our party, would see it as unacceptable, " said Nigel Dodds, the DUP's spokesperson in parliament.
the DUP is threatening to pull its support for Theresa May in mid-June, when the current parliamentary session begins ends. It would mean a crisis in government, because Toryregeringen is dependent on the DUP to build majorities.
brexitörerna in the conservative party is particularly fond of the Mays try to find a blocköverskridande solution with the Labour party on the Brexit.
Theresa May pressed on his side, that the decisions and the way ahead now lies in parliament's hands.
– It is up to the house of commons if we are to deliver what the people have decided and if we are able to do this before the EU elections, " said May.
also that the Uk will not be bakbindas during the time you are to remain in the EU.
– We will have full rights in time but also be bound to seriously cooperate during the period until we leave the EU.
A statement that possibly can calm president of the French republic Emmanuel Macron, who during Wednesday's meeting in Brussels wanted to the Uk would be forced to not oppose the EU during the transitional period.
was Theresa Mays first in the british house of commons since the night of the announcement that the EU extends the deadline for the Brexit to 31 October.
" I realize that the entire country is tired of that we have not come up yet. We need to resolve this urgently and to meet after easter so that we can begin to work to leave the EU and deliver Brexit and bring our country forward. Nothing is more important than this, " said May to the house of commons.
the criticism also from the labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, who also accused foreign minister Jeremy Hunt of trying to undermine the talks between the opposition and the government when the Hunt during the Wednesday said that a customs union with the EU is not something for the Uk.
the Proposal of a customs union is one of Labour's most important demands. And May seemed to be prepared to discuss this during Thursday's debate.
the leader of the Opposition gave the government positive reviews when it came to the meetings held so far between the two parties:
– The calls now taking place is serious, detailed and productive. But the government must compromise if we are to reach an agreement.
– the Red lines need to be moved, said Corbyn.
for what can happen if the May less:
– the Problem is that when an agreement is voted through, can the prime minister be forced to resign. And we have no idea who will succeed her. Some Tories would like nothing better than to use the Brexit to dump conditions and to make the Uk into a tax haven, and such a Brexit we will never participate in, " said Corbyn in the house of commons.
In the shadows waiting, Boris Johnson, and a long list of other Tory candidates, who are prepared to make up for the leadership in an internal election.
May know it. But to be forced to resign before utträdesavtalet scored yes and the Uk can leave the EU formally, be forced to hand over to someone as arch rival Boris Johnson, before the ”job is done” – it can rightly be called a big bogeyman for May.
a deal with the Labour party?
– in the case of a customs union, I believe that we are closer to one another than what many think. We have always said we want continued free trade with the EU, but we want to be able to conduct an independent trade policy. Labour say they want to have ”influence” over the new trade agreements, " said Theresa May.
the Time is ticking away rapidly for the united kingdom and the parliament to reach an agreement that you can agree on across party lines.
– If we intend to continue to provide, we must start the work soon, " said May.
with Corbyn about the need for compromises:
– It will not be easy to find a consensus, it requires that we both give and take. So that we can deliver what the people have voted for. I hope we can reach an agreement that we can submit to the parliament. If we do not agree, we will put forward individual proposals on which parliament must take a stand.
If the prime minister can make a compromise with Labour as the only way to stop the election and thereby avoid a devastating loss for the Whigs, then maybe she can still get through his contentious contract and turn great Britain out of the union to the end of the year.