The theatre royal has odor problems. Avloppsstammarna in the house at the Modem is in the original and has already passed its life expectancy.
Yes, the royal dramatic theatre needs a makeover, but with moderation and in consultation with the national board. Everything should not be bright and clean.
Even if stambytet finally gets there is very different from 1908, which will be preserved and restored. Among other things, the blue curtain, with three thousand hand-embroidered stars, found in råttgnagd in a magazine in the 1980s. Now it is to get a careful game.
" We'll do stambytet without destroying the cultural and historical environments. As a visitor you should not notice any major difference, even if we take the opportunity to improve accessibility somewhat, " says Fredrik Österholm, technical director at the royal dramatic theatre and the project manager for the renovation.
" the Rats have been on a visit through the years, but now they are gone and their inputs in the underworld is clogged. You dare pretty quiet crawl around down in the darkest depths, " says Fredrik Österholm.
in the renovation. Mrs Wurm, who is the project manager for the evacuation, talks about the prop department, which has been emptied and sorted. The old shelves to be torn out, everything should be repainted.
the renovation project has three main tracks: pipe, upgraded tågvind and increased accessibility. There is more to do not be time during this short closure period – already in december, it played the theater on the big stage again.
– today we have a different idea of how public spaces should look like than what they had in 1908. It is difficult to achieve an availability adaptation according to the current building regulations. It is definitely a challenge for us, " says Fredrik Österholm.the Whole of the so-called övermaskineriet above the main stage should be replaced.Mrs Wurm, project manager, evacuation, and Fredrik Österholm, project manager renovation. Photo: Jonas Eng
At the renoveringsgruppens temporary office next to the tågvinden, or övermaskineriet as it is also called, hangs a whiteboard with an approximate timeline for flyttkarusellen.
and drawings, including a 3D-sketch of the house-all the crannies and windings. It looks like a dollhouse in the infrared on the screen. The ancient theatre is now a high-tech business and jugendpalatset need an update.
Linda Ajax, who is the project manager for tågvindsprojektet, tells us that it already has required a strengthening of the house with the new roof trusses. Around Europe, there are hundreds of theaters that once upon a time was built in for hand-drawn machineries, hand hoisted and lowered decors.
Through the years, they have been replaced by mechanical vinschlösningar, which makes the buildings are exposed to totally different forces than they were constructed for. It is not just the technological development that imposes higher requirements today, but security has also been tightened.
– You will be able to do things at a different speed and in a safer way after the renovation, " says Linda Ajax.
– We run the suspended loads above the head of our actors and technical staff, which makes that the level of safety when talking about machine design can be comparable with such as are to be found in the aerospace industry. It becomes more complicated projects than what one might associate with an opera house, " says Fredrik Österholm.
Up on the tågvinden hiding the apparatus that makes the arts possible. Soon to be installed specially developed winches and new ljusbryggor. With the new technology will teaterpersonalen to be able to fly three dimensionally in the room, datorprogrammerat and clear.
the mind boggles when I look down on the main stage of 19.7 ft below us.
– We strive to fulfill the desires, however technological developments can also trigger the artistic process. The opportunities that we offer are used most of the time, " says Fredrik Österholm.
At the last renovation in the early 1990s, was installed in a machinery that could set between the manual and mechanized operation, which basically never been used.
" It was probably the last influence that Ingmar Bergman had over the house. He perceived that there was a different feeling with the hand-pulled ropes, " says Fredrik Österholm.jockey wheel in the original from 1908. Used to the iron curtain, which acts as fire protection between the stage and auditorium. Photo: Jonas Eng
that is placed along the wall.
– They belong to the iron curtain which is a part of fire protection services between the stage and auditorium. The whole of the iron curtain, including the electric motor in the basement is the original from 1908. It is used daily and will be left behind.
Fire is one of the biggest risks in a theater. Scentornet becomes that of a single large chimney.
– There is a jättefiffig mechanism that makes it possible to quickly drop down the iron curtain. An old-fashioned centrifugalbroms looks to land moderately hard on the floor. Fire is one of the biggest risks in a theater. Scentornet becomes that of a single large chimney, " says Fredrik Österholm.
the fire safety issue is not new for the royal dramatic theatre, but after the Notre-Dame cathedral, another historical renovation projects, it feels especially current. And the accident has been there before in the royal theatre's itinerant history.
in several different places. In november 1825, a fire started during a performance of the German femaktsdramat, a fire broke out victory over the slander” on the Arsenalsteatern. The royal dramatic theatre was looking for a new Thaliatempel.
It was neither the first nor the last time that a theater had eldhärjats in Stockholm. 100 years later was destroyed, for example, the Swedish theatre in Stockholm, which for 50 years had been a dominant theatre in the capital.
the crew Chief Axel he did not go announced Today's News employees to the door in the iron curtain had been open, which meant that the night fire was spread out in the lounge.
– the Iron go! cry Fredrik Österholm.
the iron curtain is hoisted down on the main stage, where most of it is still in the wait on the flyttruschen. Renoveringsgruppen pointing out flagnad gold, which also should be addressed out in the salon. But even before the last performance on april 19 had other areas started to be evacuated.
on the furniture and pinaler when you can at Nybroplan closes for renovation. There will be a few thousand moving boxes. Not to mention all of the staff to change the work environment.
" The biggest challenge has been that all must be done while operation is ongoing. We have had to prepare temporary vacancies, employees shall be able to stroll over with a cardboard box in order to continue to work the same day, " says Mrs Wurm.
Many will gather in the floors above the Small stage in the neighbouring house on the Almlöfsgatan, which becomes a temporary headquarters. On the Small stage and the Generator, a little further away in the south of stockholm, the royal dramatic theatre, also continue to play the theatre during the closure period.
In the neighbouring house have also built temporary workshops and lodges. Outside, there is a baracketablering planned, while some large part of the furniture will be preserved.Through this opening in the facade shall, inter alia, the entire övermaskineriet be lifted out. Fredrik Österholm, project managers, renovation, Mrs Wurm, project manager, evacuation, and Linda Ajax, assistant project manager refurbishment and project manager tågvind. Photo: Jonas Eng
and 12 kilometres of steel cable – to pass through the royal Dramatic theatre's gigantic backdoors. But the project is not only a logistical challenge but also a personalfråga. The royal dramatic theatre has over 200 employees and a large number of employees with other contracts.
– There is a basic security needs for the staff which must be respected. Was I dress? Where do I eat lunch? We close the restaurant as well, " says Fredrik Österholm.
" We think at the same time that it has been surprisingly positive reactions. On our internal information meetings has the point been met with relief, " says Linda Ajax.
– the history of theatre, we must of course take care of in this process. There is some feeling that you do not want to get rid of. Part furniture. Then we have the so-called special cases that need to be addressed specifically, " says Mrs Wurm.
Ingmar Bergman's chairs, for example.
A number of the lodges are decorated in original condition and looks much like when the royal dramatic theatre's stage once opened, with a façade of Ekebergsmarmor and commissions from, among others, Carl Milles.
– It is important to take employees ' views into account. There are lodges in which the actor has looked into the same mirror since 1908. It is exciting even if it is a bit cumbersome. There will be a fresh start, " says Mrs Wurm.