the Private health and social services are concentrated heavily in Finland. Bee said Tuesday morning the acquisition of rowan castle. Generated 1.4 billion in revenue and 25,000 employees left.
This is not exactly new.
health house to tell last year's growth was Finland's largest private healthcare company when buying Attendo health services. The bee and the mountain ash, the castle is coupled with a little bigger headcount, and turnover as a health house before the unification, but Finland is born with two very strong companies.
the Social and health policy research Liina-Kaisa Tynkkynen from the university of Tampere will see in the new shop a number of risks. So he saw already in the previous trade.
Yes, this is admittedly going for morning coffee in the wrong throat. When this exact thought, however, is not so surprising.Several causes of the visible
the researcher sees a few reasons for this new trade.
– health house became a pretty big operator in relation to Bees and rowan castle. This may be the answer.
another reason for the concentration may be that market growth is no longer easy.
– Easy fruit has been picked already, and the expansion of market purchases through the. If you want to expand your activity in the market, the size must be big.
the Public sector focus on the health and social services and it seems that we go 18 organizer template. Private operators may think that if the public grows, are we the size we.
the Third reason for the concentration is the competition of the workforce.
– If employers put together, it narrows the opportunities for workers to choose the employer."More risks than opportunities"
the Big is not automatically a bad thing. Municipalities have outsourced services to private operators and the total foreign amendments for the researcher, according to get also been a good experience.
– In the scale I see in focusing on the system perspective, however, more risks than opportunities.
the Private operators are already producing a large part of the Finnish care and health services.
– a Choice starting to be quite a bit. You leave begin to be so big, that especially in small municipalities, bargaining power begins to be unbalanced.
the Concentration narrowed to the researcher according to the competition and customer and employee choice.
– If there are two strong players, it affects the way is able to affect prices or price increases. Of course you can starts also affects what is the incentive to produce good or quality service."Small businesses still fighting"
the reel of the research unit of the henna mari Mikkola said that the situation varies from region to region. Mikkola, according to the concentration can take place for example in the Tampere region occupational healthcare services.
Mikkola believes that in particular in the helsinki metropolitan area also small are able to compete for living space. For example, children's specialist services there are several service providers in the metropolitan area.
– metropolitan area, rowan castle is still not very significant to be you. There is quite a lot of private health care producers. Yes, even small businesses still fighting, Mikkola said.
the Situation may change, if the health of the house and the Bees still continue their expansion by buying small companies.
If health services are focused on, let's go little by little toward monopoly. There prices tend to rise, Mikkola said.Domestic ownership is narrowing
the New trade, the domestic ownership is narrowing. Bee health and house ownership is much abroad.
the Bees the major shareholder(you move to another service) (switch to another service) is a CVC Capital Partners-managed funds 57 percent share.
– All the big you begin to be pretty much internationally owned. Rowan castle was the image of a strong domestic and municipal partners. Trade change the picture quite a lot that we are going to strong domestic brand off, Tynkkynen says.
the Trade impact on revenue, the investigator did not speculate.Read more:
the researcher sees several risks – Finland emerging in the three large private health service companies
health left Bees is buying rowan castle: under Construction is the nordic region's largest health giant, which is the direction of the abroad – Yle followedSubscribe Yle newsletters!
Get Overeating the best content straight to your inbox! Order as many letters as you want!Proceed to order