When Per-Åke Wallberg, detective at stockholm Arlanda airport, came to work on 15 January in the year he received, through their co-workers, information about it has been ”fiddling” with the cleaning, then the new contractor Allianceplus took over on 1 January.
Colleagues said that they could clean up or speak Swedish or English. When I checked the names on the list of the allegedly classified service and meals we had received, I got a shock, " he says.
came from the police verksamhetsskyddssektion and was signed by a säkerhetshandläggare.
”the persons Below is classified and, therefore, competent to get clean in the police premises in the airport, so once in the police station in gränspolisens premises in the terminals,” the current text of the list consists of eight names.
The top three the names turned out to belong to Uzbek citizens, who neither have work or residence permits, which, Expressen was the first to report on.
on an application for a work permit in 2017, the other two were not even in the Wilma – it register at the migration board, the individuals were checked against. The fourth name belonged to a person from a south american country. The same individual was in police misstankeregister, suspected of serious economic crime in connection with a bedrägeriutredning of a assistance.
"Sorry," said Per-Åke Wallberg, who immediately established polisanmälningar – both against individuals and against städbolaget.
the Notifications are investigated now of gränspolisens utredningsenhet in Stockholm. In three cases obey the suspected unlawful stay – in the fourth which is directed against the städbolaget – it is about crimes against the aliens act.
verksamhetsskydd committed any misconduct was hanging in the air. Only on 30 January, two weeks after the undocumented uzbeks were discovered at the Arlanda airport – and five days after the DN asked about the matter to the police department of Special investigations – was established a notification of a suspected misconduct.
the Reason it was delayed was, according to the police, ”the legal situation was unclear”. The notification was put down on Monday – a crime has not been committed, according to the deputy the superior prosecutor Bengt Åsbäck on the Special prosecution office.
– It is the provider (in this case, städbolaget, editor's note) to make the basic level of security clearance. Städbolaget, not the police, have the primary responsibility for the employees have valid permits, " says Ingemar Hummer, acting director for security protection.
the background checks that the employer will also includes a personal assessment to obtain the score and references. Trial shall then ”upon request” is submitted in to the Police. In this case, it is unclear if säkerhetshandläggaren on verksamhetsskyddet asked for the security screening of städbolaget.
Verksamhetsskyddet will do a records check of those who will be working in the containment level 3 – the cleaners at the airport.
– The checks we may make according to the Swedish security protection act are, inter alia, slagningar in the load - suspicion - and the general spaningsregistret, " says Ingemar Lobster.
In the registry there were not uzbeks.
also check with the Swedish Migration board's register Wilma would verksamhetsskyddet discovered that they lacked a work and residence permit.
– It is obviously not good. We will review our procedures in order to avoid that the incident be repeated, the answer Ingemar Lobster.
It is in line with the summary of the situation as a lawyer at the border police did as a basis for the police report of suspected misconduct as thus laid down:
• the Police should have a responsibility as principals, and thereby the obligation to take reasonable control measures.
• It needs to be investigated which control measures have been taken.
• If the taken control measures – were they sufficient?
• the Police should clarify the responsibilities for controls of this kind.
, who is the newly appointed deputy lokalpolisområdeschef at Arlanda airport, believes that the border police acted just as it should:
– A co-worker discovered that there were unauthorized persons on the list. Their badges were incarcerated immediately and we set up polisanmälningar.
" Have they done a security classification assumes, of course, we assume that these people are ”green”. Verksamhetsskyddet have, however, verified these individuals on the basis of the directive they have.
– the Employer has the primary responsibility, then you can perhaps think that it should be verified that it really been made. It is obvious that it is not correct here. Then we need to redo and make right, look at how we control the staff.
" We have nothing with the procurement of cleaning contracts to do. We were faced with a fait accompli; that there would come a new cleaning company on 1 January.
" No, but trying to find solutions to it, together with the städbolaget. In a few cases we have been forced to accompany the cleaners who had not had permission to be inside of the airport, but we have not really personalkraft.
the special event Terminus at the airport. It has no relation to the case with the uzbeks, but is a clear sign that regionpolisledningen in Stockholm do not believe that the border control at Arlanda airport, the works.
" We have long had challenges in border control operations. In order to be able to carry out our mission in the best way, and after careful examination, it is clear that we need to prioritize and carry out border control operations in a specific order, " says deputy regionpolischef Pia Sjunnegård Dahlbom in a written comment.