Leaders who Owe Svensson, there are probably not many left of in Swedish clubs and associations. He was elected chairman of the Åby/Tjureda IF that 22-year-old, and he is still as 75-year-old, 53 years later.
" I grew up in the association, and have worked in it all my life. I think clubs have always been fun, it gives so much and to be non-profit leaders are extremely stimulating, " explains Owe Svensson its long involvement.
Himself, he played in the A-team about twenty years. As a leader he has ensured that the club today is thriving economically, with six million in the bank and with the fixed assets in the form of konstisbana, klubblokaler and machinery to a value of five million.
is like sweet music this winter, when the entire sport of baseball seems to have fallen into a severe economic crisis and storkubb after the clubs had to say up expensive players ' contracts.
Owe Svensson has difficult to understand that it may have become so.
– You can't pay out more than they collect. So simple, I think probably it should be. We have the economy under control and it is not difficult to be a chairman of an association than to have his / her own wallet, " he says as a matter of course.
" You do well a budget that is realistic and then spins the treadmill and try it on paper to make a new budget and then it will be even worse.
– So, you can not work. Reality will catch up with a, say, Owe Svensson.
IFK Kungälv on the away team. At the same time meets storsatsande serietvåan AIK Katrineholm at home.
Before the matches leading Åby/Tjureda the series, three points ahead of AIK. Would Åby/Tjureda win and chelsea lose so distinguishes five points between the teams with just two matches left and since the victory of the hockey headlines gives two points, so it would distinguish five points and Åby Tjureda to be ready for the elite series.
But on it's ear do not want to Owe Svensson listen.
" Looking so-so, anything can happen. But it can happen that we lose all the three matches. So you have to be careful. It is exciting of course, but I don't take out a victory in advance.Owe Swenson has been chairman of the bandyklubben Åby/Tjureda in 53 years. Photo: Private
Åby/Tjureda and AIK about it in the hockey headlines is that the struggle between the two worlds. The hard work of the countryside against the flashy big city. The team that for almost one hundred percent composed of young own products, against the storsatsande team has the world champion as a coach and goalkeeper.
the 22-year-old Filip Bringe represents the former. At the age of 15, he left the Åby/Tjureda for them Vetlanda. Last year, he returned to his original club.
"I felt that I did not take any place in Vetlanda, sweden in elitserien and when Åby went up last year, I wanted to be with us on this journey and help," says Filip Bringe.
And helped to he has done. The 22-year-old striker has made 45 goals so far this year, three of them when they beat AIK at home on the konstisen in Åby with 8-4 in front of nearly 800 spectators.
New record attendance.
" It was really fun. It was huge and awesome.
" I don't know what to say. It is right sick actually, there is no one who has thought this. It feels like we have shocked many, says Filip Bringe and adds:
" It's a little hard to take in it properly.
this year's successes, it is all about ”community” and ”security”.
– There are many that are from Åby so it is a very tight group. All come together and there is no one who is outside of, but we are really a team.
But there is something else also, says Filip Bringe.
– There are so many who are passionate about the club. There are so many enthusiasts who work and toil hard all the time.Filip Bringe is Åby/Tjuredas top scorer. So far this season there have been 45 goals in 19 games. Photo: Simon Hastegård/Bildbyrån
the Eurovision song contest in Malmö on Saturday comes into the picture.
" We are a järngäng that pulls in money to the association, explains, Owe Svensson and says that the same day as the bandylaget played an important derby away against Welling (win with 8-2, Filip Bringe scored four goals) was 25-man from Åby/Tjureda down in Malmö and built the stage for the Eurovision song contest.
– On Saturday I'm going down to Malmö with 53 pieces and river stage and sound and light and so. We undertake a lot of jobs. I have a järngäng who can work daytime and then I have others that work weekends and evenings, " explains Owe Svensson, who continues:
– We are making a number of such jobs per year, in the first instance, around Växjö. If 14 days is the Joe Prize, but I think I made 19 eurovision competitions now.
– All of which work on a voluntary basis. No one is getting any compensation.
" You could say that we are pensioners, all of them. Young pensioners, " says the 75-year-old chairman and laughing.
" Yes, of course they do it. We own all of the facilities themselves, and we must draw out money to them also. So the money goes not just to the sport.Andreas Johnsson performs on the stage in Malmö as volunteers from bandyklubben Åby/Tjureda been built. Photo: Johan Nilsson/TT
– All have replacement in the team. So they must have when they play in the two highest series.
"no, No, absolutely not," says Filip Bringe. I work one hundred percent of a layer. Everyone in the team is working one hundred percent.
" Yes, it is a good question. You just do it, it is so much fun. You do it not for money, then you have chosen the wrong sport, " says rawalpindi and laughing.
The amazing thing is that in the district around Malaga is home to around 500 people. But Åby/Tjureda IF has 1,200 members.
– this is the northern part of the municipality of Växjö and well, we have a good reputation and has been working seriously for many, many years. We have good facilities, and good business, " says Owe Svensson, who want to tone down his own role a bit.
" Everybody in the association and around are involved and feel a part of this success. But there must always be a spider in the web that holds it all together, and it has been well I have been for a number of years, " says Owe Svensson.
After 53 years, only three matches are left, then can the impossible be possible.
" I hope we can keep this style in our association. It is a prerequisite, because you can't spin away with the economy, then it will go to hell.
Read more: ”Bandy is sick and someone needs to poke into the medication”