the EU-a choice for the door and ahead of the vote trying to Russia increase the fragmentation between the european voters and political parties, according to a review from the New York Times that the daily News previously reported.
in The last month, the EU's drive East stratcom task force, which works against the Russian informationspåverkan, identified a number of examples of what it claims is misinformation. Here are three of them:
• 24 april reported the Kremlägda the site Sputniks German version that the EU parliament is corrupted by the donations from lobbyists, and that voters are fooling themselves if they think they can influence anything by voting.
• may 3 wrote the think tank Katehon that the ”mainstream media” ignores the parties in the EU elections, which is for national sovereignty. ”Censorship” makes it difficult for voters to identify the potential of candidates to vote on.
• 7 may spread the Russian state-owned tv channel RT's German version information to the EU-commission is an undemocratic institution, that the commissioners are not elected and they can't be accountable to the citizens of the union.
, who wishes to remain anonymous, says that Sweden is relatively spared from the EU-misinformation. Instead targeted the media as the East stratcom task force review – Russian state media and pro-Russian media in the EU's eastern partnership (Georgia, Armenia, Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus and Azerbaijan) – on Germany and the Baltic countries.
– In the Baltic countries, we can clearly see that it calls people to refrain from voting. Trying to convince the audience that the EU is dangerous for the baltic independence, the EU will turn the Baltic states into vassal states of Washington and Berlin, " says the official, and continues:
– In Germany, this is the narrative that the EU is corrupt. It creates a notion of a contradiction between a faceless corrupt elite who are against the common working people.
the Kremlin targeting on these particular countries is, according to the official that Germany is a large country that it is worth spending money on and that you have a good handle on how the ”market” for the misinformation works in the Baltic states.
However, it pays not as good to invest in the Swedish electorate.
Sweden is not such a big country, it is located in the periphery. Where have you perhaps not cracked the code to people's hearts, you don't know what swedes react, and get out for a little bit of the resources you have.
the Sputnik is one of the dominant sites for the dissemination of misinformation. The Kremlägda the site publishes materials that are then passed on via social media, parties and organizations, claims the official.
" Sputnik is a wholesale customer for Russian material. In Sweden you can find a lot of Sputnik in the migrationsfientliga sites.
on informationspåverkan at the national defence university, agree that it from the Russian side not been any major organised campaigns directed against Sweden the last time but it does not mean that there has been påverkansförsök.
" I think it is important to not be lulled into the thought that everything will be fine now. It all depends on which sequence you are trying to influence. Depending on what happens in Sweden can play an important role as trying to undermine, " he says.
Read more: Why successful Russian campaign in Europe
Read more: So, trying to Russia to influence the voters ahead of the EUROPEAN elections
Link to the graphics