ROME (Ekstra Bladet): Although it is UEFA, which holds congress on Thursday in Rome, attracts FIFA themselves, nevertheless a great deal of attention.
There is a battle going on between the two big fodboldorganisationer, and the DBU chairman Jesper Møller, is really a part of, if he at the congress are elected in UEFA's powerful executive committee.
In the first place carried the battle between the two presidents, the UEFA Aleksander Ceferin and FIFA, Gianni Infantino. Thursday will be the Ceferin re-elected as UEFA president unopposed. On Wednesday it became known that Gianni Infantino will be re-elected as the FIFA president also, without opposition, when FIFA holds congress in Paris in June.
on the Night of Wednesday, the deadline to register his candidacy to FIFA, and to the last it was reported that the former swiss national team player Ramon Vega, with a history in Tottenham and Celtic, would put up. But he has apparently not been able to drum up support for his candidacy.
Particularly broken so Vega, however, not out, as he throughout the Wednesday afternoon ran around and greeted fodboldledere at the Rome Cavalieri Hotel where the UEFA congress will take place on Thursday.
Gianni Infantino announced already in the beginning of January at a meeting in Marrakech, in Morocco, that he had statements of support from the 195 of FIFA's 211 member countries. Among the countries which had not signed were Denmark and the other nordic countries.
DBU chairman Jesper Møller says, it was a decision that the union's board of directors made back in the month of november.
- We would wait to see.
- we decided just. They have the other nordic countries also made.
- Is it because you're not satisfied with Infantinos leadership?
- His leadership in general is surely in order, but we disagree about the new tournaments, and we think we should have more information on the table.
the Article continues under the picture...
Jesper Møller give Infantino the cold shoulder. Photo: Lars Poulsen.
this framework Jesper Møller exactly down in the gap that has arisen between the UEFA and the FIFA.
It occurred last spring, when Gianni Infantino out of the blue suddenly presented a plan to create two new tournaments: A new and expanded club WORLD cup and a new nationsturnering.
Infantino announced that an international consortium would shoot the $ 25 billion in the two tournaments. But he would not disclose who the money men are. In addition, there were gisnet that the secret pengemænd also supposed to be co-owners of the two tournaments.
UEFA perceived the new club WORLD cup as an attack on UEFA's golden eggs, the Champions League, and Aleksander Ceferin responded rarely sharp, when he in may said that the soccer ball is not for sale.
He attacked those of his colleagues – read Infantino and the president of the south american confederation, Alejandro Dominguez – because they allowed themselves to be blinded by the prospect of profit.
Since there has been cold air between the parties, and the lack of transparency is then also the reason that DBU has chosen not to sign the university of copenhagen to Infantinos re-election.
DBU's president has several times been in direct dialogue with FIFA president Gianni Infantino about the plans for a new club-the WORLD cup and a new nationsturnering. However, without Jesper Møller has got it, he would have.
- It does not mean, however, that we can't live with Infantino as president. But we lack more information about the new tournaments. It, so far we have been told, is not satisfactory.
- We had a long discussion in Marrakech in January, and we made it clear that until we get the information we believe is necessary to be able to judge it, then we will neither say yes or no to the new tournaments. However, it is evident that the other confederations would like to see that tournaments turn into anything quickly.
- Infantinos challenge is that he has some confederations outside Europe, who want more tournaments and more matches. And then he has Europe, where the players have plenty of matches in advance and lots of tournaments. In south America it may be the case that countries that are knocked out of WORLD cup qualifying, will have to wait three years before there is again significant matches.
- What says Infantino to you when you ask for more information?
- It he listens to. He says that then we must talk further and take a dialogue, says Jesper Møller.
Gianni Infantino and his entourage from FIFA arrived on Wednesday by the 15-time for the Cavalieri Hotel. Infantino was in a hurry to get up to her room, but he said, however short it was a great day for football, that he now is sure to be re-elected as president of FIFA.
Extra Magazine asked a member of his staff, how he relates to the DBU has not signed the university of copenhagen. They wanted not to comment on.