In lunchmatsalen on Viksbergskolan in Södertälje, sweden, is based lågstadieeleverna their own hönsfärsburgare with bread, dressing and vegetables. Hönsburgaren is a brand new product made with meat from spent laying hens, which would become minkfoder.
"this is the tastiest burgers I have ever eaten, both the meat and the taste is tastier than the usual burgers," says Oliwer Berge, age 9, who is a test pilot for the new matinnovationen.
almost as poetic, as taken from a commercial. And it is also exactly what it is. On-the-spot to lunch in the school canteen are both a manufacturer and a wholesaler who hope to sell matinnovationen to all public kitchens in the country. For the marketing documented the students ' reactions and collected betygsformulär.
" We have had three testserveringar, here and on a school in Skåne and a retirement home in west Sweden. The young people were very positive but the older was a little more hesitant about the texture. At the schools served the chicken as a burger and on the home for the elderly as a steak, it can be a difference. We intend to primarily school and preschool target audience, " says Christina when he learned, head of corporate communications at the Martin and serve.
the Idea to hönsburgaren hatched in the fall when the SVT programme Maträddarna let chef Paul Svensson invent a right-of-hönssvinnet. Martin and Serve as the acting ideas contacted Kronfågel that jumped on the recipe and came up with their own variation. Already in our sold 60-gramsburgaren of a wholesaler who would like to have a product in their range.
– A minced chicken is very neutral and flavoured often while hönsfärsen has a clear taste. It's not like the difference between lamb and sheep, but you get a stronger köttsmak, " says Per Idlund, purchasing manager at Martin and Serve.
poultry meat commonplace. Already in 2012 started the municipality to buy into the hen after being contacted by a breeder in Haninge, sweden, who thought it was a shame that their laying hens burned up after the conducted task. Breeders mated together with a processing that made grytbitar and hönsfärs as Södertälje all caterers bought.
– Hönsfärs is a svinnprodukt and a great and nutritious food that should not be not discarded. Here, society must go in and take responsibility and help to reduce wastage in the processing stage, " says Sara Jervfors, kostchef at Södertälje municipality.
The alien bird landed, however, not quite easy in all of economics.
– poultry meat has so bad reputation, and evoked reactions. In particular, among the elderly, cooks, and teachers who had negative beliefs about the female taste and smell, but overall it has gone very well, " said Sara Jervfors.
year the municipality of the project, an Appetite, where companies may develop and test sustainable food on kostenhetens 90 kitchen. Testbädden has developed several climate-smart innovations that gråärtsfalafel, hönssouvlaki and vegofärs.
" We are trying to find food that is produce in Sweden. We must learn to eat the local food because it is not certain that we will be able to import food to the same extent in the future, " says Jenny Isenborg Sultan, project coordinator for the Appetite.
Södertälje municipality's gastronomic philosophy is called ”Diet for a green planet” and is similar to the klimattallrik as Johan Rockström and Eat Lancet commission launched in January to secure both the earth and human survival. It is loaded with less meat and more vegetables, legumes and whole grains, locally grown according to the season.
the Municipality's goal is to serve 80 percent vegetables and 20 percent meat. It is necessary to be able to serve 60% organic food in a skolmatstallrik that max may cost 12,30 kronor per serving.
"We are above the national average-but would need about 20 dollars to be able to fully stand up for that the food is sustainably produced," says Sara Jervfors.
important parameter and, therefore, has developed a milk with Järna-dairy, hard to get rid of ohomogeniserad milk. The dairy produced milk with one percent fat, unique in the market and, therefore, possible for the municipality to issue on in the procurement process.
" Then it was to get the students to accept the layered milk. We tested at several schools and most of them noticed nothing, they just drank. A school reacted to milk layered, but just initially, " says Jenny Isenborg Sultan.
Södertälje huge serves today only Swedish meat and the wilderness menu from Järna. In order to reduce the environmental impact from the polished rice from Asia, you try to switch out rice to locally-produced Swedish cereals.
" We have worked with a whole grain cereal as a substitute for rice. Last year we served 27 tonnes of rice compared with 6.3 tons of grain and trying to get up the percentage to 30%. Some schools are switching straight off, others do it more gradually, " says Jenny Isenborg Sultan.
find the growers and livsmedelsförädlare who want to establish themselves in the area in order to secure the food supply in the Stockholm region. In Lina prepares the municipality of cropland in order to get more people to start growing more large-scale.
" We have a focus on to supply the population and the use of public food in order to develop new industries. Only three per cent of all farming in the whole of Sweden takes place in Stockholm county. A quarter of the population lives in the county but we only have a mill, three small slaughterhouses and no processing of dignity. We need to get started on food production and redraw the map so that the Stockholm region does not become so vulnerable, " says Sara Jervfors.
But also potato cultivated in the municipality is transported today to the south of Sweden to be washed, sorted and packaged. And Kronfågel has no plans to move hönsburgartillverkningen from Skåne.
– Unfortunately this required a scale to get the economy in there. The optimal would be of course to buy from a small farm with chickens and that there is a breeder next as necks chicken. It would all, of course, want to have, but it is a utopia, the product no one can afford. It is about finding a sustainable way as possible, without the insane prices. Charlotte says Rust, product manager at Kronfågel.
, any food waste, it was not in the Viksbergskolans dining room after hönsburgartestet.
– Hönsburgaren was delicious, although the bread fell apart a bit, it gets 10 points out of 10 by me, " says Sara, Mentes, 9 years.
the kitchen staff picking satisfied, remove the empty canteens and absolutely believe that they will buy the product again.
– If there is a hamburger think students always there is a party. The most important thing for us is the fact that the students think about food, then, we think also about it, " says cook Malle Borup.