Ugh, what hard, protesting Soraya Post.
the Feminist initiative top candidate in the EU elections has been the question of what is the political issue that she would like to send over to Brussels to decide on, and what question she would like to Sweden took it back.
– So there I am thinking that the Swedish samtyckeslagen going to Brussels. But bring back a question from Brussels... I'm not sure that I would like to take back any question. Is it okay then?
the Experience of the EU as a political platform has been made we have thought about at large in the Fi
has been the catalyst for EU membership and the EU's potential in recent years. But few so fully that Soraya Post.
25 years ago voted she no to join the EU. Then, she thought not of the organization.
" I've changed me there. And so I did when I came in. I can see that the development of the community, the international community, requires greater cooperation. And it requires an international actor in the EU format to be able to solve conflicts, climate change and social issues at all.
" I have seen the potential.Stockholm, sweden 25 may 2014. Soraya Post celebrates with the pink party colleagues after the success in the EU elections. Photo: LOTTA HARDELIN
the year 2005 as a highly EU-critical party.
– the Experience of the EU as a political platform has been made we have thought about in great in Fi. We see opportunities to make changes in the power structure and politics, says Soraya Post.
the Party program adopted in 2017 " says that the Fi shall work for the reduction of supranationalism. It is difficult to reconcile this ambition with the party platform, and requirements, such as a samtyckeslag as well as abortion and childcare in the whole of the EU.
– We have to have a certain standard for some of the questions to be able to guarantee all people's equal value and rights. And then one can use the EU to this, " says Soraya Post.
I am supranationalism even when it comes to how we should address climate change,
" Yes." I is for higher authority even when it comes to how we should deal with climate change. We must protect this planet. And if you think it is a form of supranationalism that the community can join together on certain issues in order to make it better, then get it hot supranationalism.
" I think that there are more member states in the EU, which in all cases is for aborträtten than against.
– So as it looks now, I feel no risk for it. But it is, of course, though now the far-right is growing a hell of a lot stronger, then there is of course the risk.Soraya Post, wanted to be photographed in connection with a manifestation of the international women's day. On Järntorget in Göteborg, it was blowing a gale and Soraya was a little worried about her hairstyle but I thought the wind gave the image more life. It was harder to rein in the studiobelysningen that blew in the road two times. Photo: Roger Turesson
– In the current situation, yes.
It is possible to influence the EU, is the message from Soraya Post. But the EU can also determine the future of the Feminist initiative.
was a crash for the party, which received less than one half of one percent of the votes. For the Fi as the national party it is win or disappear as the case may 26.
Ewa Stenberg: Fi's future hangs on His Mail
But His Mail does not want to acknowledge the press.
" I think now we get the attention that all the other parties. It was not Access in the national elections.
" It's a scary choice, a ödesval. We see the development in Hungary, we see the development in Poland, we see Italy, we see Austria, we see the Czech republic... A number of member states with veto power is not working severally and do not share the basic values on which the EU has been built on.01:00. the Party's EU policy in a minute
years ago was Soraya Post as the first line topped off a partivalsedel in Sweden. She had a long experience as a lobbyist for the rights of roma and human rights issues.
In parliament, she is today one of the four persons with a roma background. The other: a Romanian social democrat, a German green politician, and so Lívia Járóka, who represents the Hungarian Fidesz that is Viktor Orbán criticized the governing party.
– It is important to have diversity in the representation, of course. But Lívia Járóka, what should I with her? She is a puppet to Orbán. She pursues a policy that is contrary to everything I stand for, " says Soraya Post.
No, the EU is no enemy in the fight of discrimination against the roma, the
According to the FRA, the Fundamental Right Agency, it is the reverse. In one area there have been small steps forward, it is education. But otherwise it has gone backwards, and the situation is not better.
– No, the EU is no enemy in the fight of discrimination against the roma. The EU wants to well. the But the EUROPEAN union is pretty toothless. You do not have a lot of tools to act against a member state which makes the wrong.Gothenburg, sweden, may 7, 2014. Soraya Post pulls on the boots for a successful EU-valskampanj. Photo: Lotta Härdelin
the situation rests largely on the EU member states. But Soraya Post think that the EU as an organisation can help to keep the debate alive. She cites as an example the perception of anti-gypsyism – that is to say, prejudice and racism directed towards roma and travellers.
the Commission and all EU institutions have listened to this and they also recognised the concept of anti-gypsyism as I and many claim are the cause and root of all exclusion and the situation of the roma today across EUROPE.
the Feminist initiative is included in the socialist partigruppen S&D. It also makes the Romanian ruling party, the PSD, which has recently been heavily criticised for the handling of the country's corruption. Something that creates trouble in the group.
– I would like to say that it is a bit damaged family at the present time, says Soraya Post.
from several parties after the EUROPEAN elections in 2014, and chose the S-group to get the support of as large a group as possible. But since then much has happened, not least with the Swedish social democrats. The party has tightened refugee policy and flagged a harder line against begging.
" I think they've gone too far to the right. They have lost, " says Soraya Post.Soraya Post, go back to his job as a människorättsstrateg in the Western Region if the Fi goes out of the EU-parliament. Photo: Julia Mord
– It is very hard for me to answer right now. But I know now of five years of experience that you need a larger group in the back.
place in the shadow of Brexit. The EUROPEAN commission has proposed that Sweden's membership fee shall be increased by 15 billion, in order to close the hole in the budget if Britain leaves.
Swedish parties to the right and the left has promised to take the fight against higher fees. But Soraya Post says that it is quite clear that Sweden will have to pay more.
" How much more, I do not want to answer. But it will cost more. So then you have to assess: Will it be worth it? I think it is worth it, " she says.
If you want so you can interpret it badly. But I had no evil intent,
the Feminist initiative's work has made headlines locally in Göteborg, with a segdraget the fuss about a hot dog stand that she and her family have had leased for decades. The private conflict had a political dimension when she contacted the P-management in Gothenburg from its official mejlkonto – where she recalled her post as EU parliamentarians.
with the benefit of hindsight.
– I have not used my political position as an argument in order to gain an advantage, however, I was probably very naive and used my e-mail. If you want so you can interpret it badly. But I had no malicious intent, " she says.
" Then I go back to my job as människorättsstrateg in the Västra Götaland region. Or maybe I will move to some south pacific island and hide for the Nordic resistance movement. I get the threat away from them.
" the Last election campaign I was going with that bracelet. Panic alarms. But, no, I don't want to say that I am jätteorolig for my own sake. I'm more worried about what this does for the community.
Sara Skyttedal (KD): Orbán and Macros are equally destructive
Malin Björk (V): I want to see a european airline tax
Peter Lundgren (SD): We have a red line against Russia
Heléne Fritzon (S): the EUROPEAN elections may mean more cooperation or a breakdown