last year, the skolborgarrådet Lotta Edholm (L), which was then in the opposition, the whistle on an alarming increase of problematic absenteeism. Then had hemmasittarna become 25 per cent more in just one year and she demanded that the city would identify the problem.
Now shows DN's review that the long absence has increased even more the past year. With a full 28 percent between fall 2017 and fall 2018.
" It is extremely serious. Attendance is absolutely crucial for results. Students who are in school do usually quite well, while students who do not have it very difficult, " says Lotta Edholm.
produce a förväntansdokument for, among other things, parents to take a greater responsibility for the students going to the school.
– Parents ' attitude to school is affecting in the very highest degree in school performance. Education is not something you can just leave over at the school. Parents often ask the endless demands of the school, but put very little responsibility on itself, " she says.
According to the skolborgarrådet is dataspelsberoende likely to be a growing reason for students to stay at home, with the parents ' good memory.
the School is also important from the socialisationssynpunkt, the school divided us as citizens of society, not just to give knowledge,
– more and more school principals testify that dataspelsberoende is a great and important reasons for children not going to school. It is something that the school has difficult to do anything about it. I understand that it is difficult and stressful for parents who are struggling to get their children to school when the computer beckons. But the school is also important from the socialisationssynpunkt, the school in us as a corporate citizen not only to give knowledge.
– There are many reasons to skolfrånvaro and dataspelsberoende is one of them. It was different to truant sooner. If I was away from school, it was a pretty boring day. Today, you do not need to be alone when you are at home because it has a social context online. A part hemmasittare have a social network via the computer which encourages each other to not go to school.
– The most important thing that the school draws attention to the absence early. Do not let it be 20 or 50% absence. On the other hand, the parents become better. The parents must also take responsibility and not let the kids stay home for the slightest ailment. But the school also needs to very quickly make action.”more and more school principals testify that dataspelsberoende is a great and important reasons for children not going to school”, says Lotta Edholm. Photo: Shutterstock
– There is a group of children who do not go to the school that the school does not work good enough. Children with neuropsychiatric diagnoses. Where we need to develop support with the more specific educational groups. The parents should not express any criticism of, they have it terribly inconvenient to get their children to school for completely different reasons.
" I think in all cases significantly more than in the day. We shall expand the CSI-groups of children with very high needs. But also expand the particular class size, perhaps in cooperation between schools. We have a special pot for it.
– the Ideas of inclusion has gone a very long way. In most cases, they are very good. But there is a group of students where inclusion means exclusion. That you sit secluded from the ordinary teaching, or that they are actually at home. Many of the students have diagnoses and can be seen in the statistics of who is at home.
" I am very concerned that more and more students find that they do not have the security and study environment of the school in the day. It may not be that the students do not want to go to school because they feel that it is insecure. Or that it is so messy in the school that you can't concentrate. There, the schools must work with and therefore, the department of education is now developing guidelines for security and study environment.
– It is up to schools to decide which method they should use in order to maintain order and study environment. But they must also evaluate their efforts. Have a school very many students who say that they do not have the study environment,,, I assume that you work hard to question the methods they use.
" Yes, and we see that some schools that started to turn off the students and make use of skolakuten, uses the instrument much more than other schools. To turn off a student is a very powerful action. It is a rättsäkerhetsfråga that it applies equally to all schools.
" of Course crimes to the police. If students use violence in school, there is a risk that the use of violence even outside the school. There are absolute requirements to notify the social services when you suspect a child is in distress. A police complaint is not as obvious, according to the law, but for me it is obvious, says Lotta Edholm.
Read more: Principals want to take in the BUP to reduce absence
Read more: Anna, 11, was not supported by the school – has been home in two years