Romain Grosjean is proud of his comeback in Formula 1-the season's most recent part, and not the least that he is in the same swing hauled good into his Haas-colleague – and rival – Kevin Magnussen.
he says in an interview with Autosport.
the Frenchman was not driven to the point in the first eight races, while the dane scored a total of 27 ones. But then came Grosjean back with a fourth place in Austria and rankings among the ten front in seven of the season's last 12 races.
He did, however, still 19 points behind the dane 56. A disqualification in the Italian grandprix cost expensive.
- He scored a lot in the beginning of the season, where I did not score anything. Then I lost eight points at Monza. They were not just one or two points but a proper lump and half of the final difference between us, says Grosjean to Autosport.
- So if you look at the time from the German grandprix to the end, I have had the top of the wrist.
Kevin Magnussen ahead of Romain Grosjean in Monaco. The image is symbolic for the two Haas-rivals ' mutual sæsonpræstation. Photo: AP
That fall, however, also a small bouquet of roses to the Danish colleague.
- He did it really well in the beginning of the year. He was number five in Bahrain and made ten points, and so he kept the well running, while I had problems or made mistakes.
- Yes, it is a big gap, but it was larger at one time, and I really feel that I getting back. Even in the qualifications, where I was sometimes far behind.
In just the timing ended Grosjean ahead of Magnussen with the 10-9 for the year, when it was about to start the race at the front, and he says that he finally got brought things in order inside his own head.
- of Course it was frustrating and hard. I got a lot of criticism. But I knew that when things would turn at some point. There were some errors and a little bad luck. Also wrong, as I am with my routine, ought not to make.
- But the most important is in spite of everything, how you react to them, and you abilities to come back. In sports, there is no middle ground. It is good or bad, " says Romain Grosjean.