it Is the October Friday night and the Helsinki Käpylä is located in a restaurant Cactuksessa resounding furious and fast stroke hardcoren-punk. On stage meuhkaava four Clubs-the band represents the otherwise quite traditional hc-genre, but a careful ear to listen, as the band's lyrics stands out as something new and surprising.
the first last, last first, we long for light but there is darkness, the eighth plague. Religious band of the self perceived to take blanks lyrics including hymns and political bible stories. In itself this shouldn't be anything strange, as the band's lead singer, Nuusa Niskala , is by profession a priest. The hymn, though most commonly associated with slow tempo, nature, and places of worship attributes. Also the punk attitude seems to be veisuukulttuurista quite away from – or is it?
When to follow you-the band was founded I think, that the hymn can be found in a lot of draws to harcore music and thus has been. There is a large amount of the world comments on the hymns, which are social and are critical to their own time.
– If people don't know that this band's singer is a priest, the words can be viewed in a purely political punk-lyriikoina. I believe that these very different elements together is interesting, Niskala consider.Nuusa Niskala band favorites include the Hard Fat, Towards Destruction and Bad Jesus Experience. Jussi Mankkinen / Yle human value is determined by a wrong
Oulu in the ward, working Nuusa Niskala is not just an ordinary priest. He likes hardcoresta, interview day she is wearing a Very Fat band shirt and her fascination with the anarchist ideology.
niskala's view of anarchism and christianity pohjavireet are quite close to each other.
Both belong to a certain kind of commitment to the community and radical equality goal. In addition, each core is hope for change: we should look honestly at what our time is wrong, what we is wrong with people and how we could become better and more affordable.
their Own time, we Niskala find far too much cruelty, which occurs in both an individual and a communal level: the basic human rights are missing – let alone what our home planet we are doing.
– we Comply with the continuous growth of ideal of limited resources in the world, and it threatens all of creation. On the other hand, say that you'll get to be an individualist, but this is only possible under certain conditions: you do not have much meaning, unless you get dumped the gross national product up.
the human value is determined by an external merit and execution through. People can't tell that it is weak and needs to others. Each of us is, however, at some stage of life poor and need people.
in This context, it seems logical to quote a crust punk band Amebixin Nobody's Driving the song with wake up the real world of the american dream hetteikössä, and came to the conclusion that the system is actually leading anyone or anything.
Market background affect the invisible hand, and there you can find invisible capital. Of them has its own meaning, but at the same time I feel, no one knows where we are exactly going.Nuusa Niskala hopes would be to change the ecclesiastical institution. Jussi Mankkinen / Yle of the Church should be the backbone
niskala's professional choice is also not gone exactly and in a straight line in a certain direction or to a certain point. He did not edellenkään know how to answer exhaustively the question of why he became a priest.
this is Not been me at any stage of the primary dream job, but this is where I currently am. This trip has been filled with quite the curves, detours, and ups and downs. Facilities have been all the time a bit dusty.
– I nevertheless Feel I am in good, important, and privileged profession in which I listen to. This opportunity I would like to use as wisely as possible.
Niskala distance kiharaisuus not at any stage been due to the fact that he would doubt God, but the reasons are foreign to emma's side – as, for example, in the attitude of a woman priest in the.
It's quite overwhelming anxiety, which will attempt to change the institution. The problem are, inter alia, the tradition of the disproportionate weight of the cargo, hetero-normative and patriarkaalisuus. This has been difficult too, because these are the things, which are also anarchists to resist.
in Recent decades, the Finnish evangelical lutheran church has lost its membership and it has been difficult choices desk. On the other hand, should adhere to the traditions, on the other hand, be part of the modern and liberal western society. This has resulted in bowing – the conflict between too – little in every direction.
– many of you probably experience this problem. When we talk about big social issues I would hope, however, that the evangelical lutheran church had the backbone to say, that is act differently – even if it is growth-promoting speech was not.
– on the other Hand, I've been thinking about the church in matters related to the media's role: whether, for example, raise only the fact that we are a rainbow a couple of initiation to disagree or do we want to tell you about it, that the church has its own climate programme.Nuusa niskala, according to the Clubs is not an ironic title: "Come together, vetäistyksi one of suction and being in it. Follow you-in the name is something really strong". Jussi Mankkinen / Yle Prayer is a straightforward and everyday thing
a Personal relationship with the christian God Nuusa Niskala pictures "horribly broad thing".
– you will Experience that the christian God is a personal force, who wants to be in contact with the individual. In everyday life it is for the most part, that is somebody situation, and I hope that everything would turn out for the best.
– Our tradition, our prayer has a special meaning. It does not mean that it withdraw from somewhere to my chambers and hours of silence, but that I hope the morning rush hour in the day to go smoothly – that could be people in the way they think I need. Prayer is to me, uncomplicated and everyday thing.
Niskala told me that he prayed also to other people and sometimes also for the whole world.
– When you think about the day's events and the people whose concern is carrying with him or friends, which is difficult, it is normal to hope that all would go very well for them.Nuusa Niskalalle prayer is a straightforward and everyday thing. Jussi Mankkinen / Yle
their Own direction in where, as well as anarchism and christianity Niskala keep rational consideration as a result. He has been interested in things, looking for more information and eventually found himself something meaningful.
I don't have any clear date or the moment when I gave my life to Jesus – some one is and I want to sure their experiences with respect. I have had a personal deep understanding of things, but not the actual hurmoksellinen new: let's leave it there punk gig.
Niskala stress that rationality is not removed, for example, of holiness and religion-related mysticism.
I Like the old church art, Bach cantata and organ music thunders from. Maybe you could say that holiness is not from everyday life separated from the case, but that the spiritual, the mundane and all essential are on the same plate
But how, then, should approach the holy only power? How concrete things, for example, Satan or the enemy of our souls are nykykristitylle?
it's dangerous, if the worst outsourcing: it is important to understand that bad not any outside thing, but that line is inside of every man. The more pertinent question is whether daily activities contribute to good or bad.
I was also Thinking that it's all holy is condensed love. Love is so absurd power, that it can also get on in this world at the time of the change.
Olli Laine, directed by a Priest. Punk. Anarchist. -the document can be seen on Yle Arena.Subscribe Yle newsletters!
Get Overeating the best content straight to your inbox!Proceed to order