Farmer Niels Henrik Ove from the island of Fyn had actually for once going to take a day of sickness, when he on Wednesday was ripped out of bed by a frightening phone call.
- I will be awakened by a caller and says there goes a bunch of bison up on the other side of the road at the residential. So I can promise you that you wake up! The daughter and I went out of the beds, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
And indeed had seven of Niels' bison strayed out from their enclosure and were taken on a small excursion. Big four heifers, two big cows and a shotgun bull had gotten away.
According to the farmer, it was a human error that made that the large animals could escape. One of the helpers at the farm had simply forgotten to lock properly after themselves.
- He had not put our link in the safety chain on the door, so they have probably stood by and extra-virgin up a little at it, and then it simply jumped up, explains Niels.
One of the errant bison had grown up as a so-called 'flaskekalv', which is to say, that it has received the milk from the bottle instead of the teat of its mother. It had been a close relation to Niels' daughter, and it should prove to be worth gold, when the flock had to be lured back in place.
- It is the only bison we have, which can be touched, if it is her. She was thankfully just arrived home from Nepal three days ago, says Niels.
- By means of a little bit of delicious feed she gets lured six of the animals with them into the fold once again, but the big bull has lost steam, so he was still down in the residential neighborhood.
With a nylon cord formed Niels and some other local therefore, a semi-circle about the bull, and got him quietly herded back behind the fence.
the People were very nice to help for, there were even a few drivers who kept on across the road, so the bull was unable to get out of the traffic.
According to Niels is bison, in spite of the size, some quite harmless animals, which do not seek confrontation with humans unless they are provoked. It was, therefore, a mounted farmer, who today could tell about the incident to the Extra Magazine and the New york.dk.
- There are definitely some that have scored something of a surprise, as we were walking along the road with six bison on the tow, he says.
- There were also some young people, which was a little startled on the way to school, when a few bison here after their bikes.
" most of all glad that there were no people or animals were injured.
My biggest fear is that there was a car that had run into them. Fortunately, they held on a relatively quiet road, he says.
They danced around and had a feast for themselves a bit like some naughty children.