Moona Assinen to queue up to lunch in a restaurant salad bars in the blue plastic box in his hand. On the counter he stretched out on the dirty box to the waiter, who took the stack from the clean box and the size of the new salad Assisen according to your wishes.
This box to change Espoo, lunch, restaurant, Factory has been at the end of September until now. Then the use of disposable boxes alongside will come the duration of the plastic boxes, which get him a two euro deposit rate. Restaurant when returning to the box can recover completely or take a new salad in a clean box.
– Try to reduce the use of plastic, and even disposable eye, and the deposit box is a really good idea. The pledge does not even remember, when it is once paid, Assinen said.Customers can still choose pantilliset box or a standard disposable box. The trial stage there is a total of 100 in two different restaurants. Antti Haanpää / Yle"Why this has not been done before?"
the Idea behind the are loss food the restaurant Loop based on the Johanna Kohvakka and Turku university of applied sciences material science and engineering teacher Liisa Lehtinen , who have written a book, Good bad plastic – reduce wisely. In the spring of 2018, in their mind, developed three questions.
First: How single-use consumption can be reduced?
Then: Could Finland's well-functioning bottle deposit system to apply the take-away boxes?
And the last: Why this has not been done before?
That train of thought as a result of plastic pledge experiment, which is currently in use in two restaurants Factory outlet. Pantixi boxes received environment the ministry of finance of the Experiment site project, in which the search for ways of citizens ' carbon footprint halve.Johanna Kohvakka said that the feedback pledge the experiment has been good. He believes that the restaurant could rotate their own deposit systems to a bottle deposit system alongside.Antti Haanpää / Yle
– disposable consumption is a big problem, and that we wanted to address. Finland's bottle deposit system shows that even a small money motivated. The wider the deposit system would be the best way to get more plastic into circulation, instead it would end up in mixed waste or in the worst case, nature, Kohvakka said.
the Finnish deposit system really works well. 94% of bottle returns for recycling as of now, when the EU-target is 90% by 2030.
a throwaway culture and the plastic rubbish problem will seize also the EU's single-use plastic directive and the Finnish plastics road map (you move to another service), whose one objective is to just single-use plastic reduction.
This Kohvakka and Booklet see the pledge box-shaped hole.
instead of using always new and disposable, increased one of the dishes I use, and it is through ecology, Kohvakka said.Tiia Helomaan and Antti korhonen for five euros would be the high deposit fee, which they would be willing to pay. Korhonen doubts about all of the restaurants between the pledge system. Own place in the deposit box could, however, according to him, carry.Antti Haanpää / YleViidestäkymmenestä box back far-only six
Box runs conveniently in the included work. In such places, which often would certainly be used, said the day of the lunch break to become a Antti Korhonen .
Close to working Korhonen and Tiia Helomaa packed lunch my salad for the first time pantilliset box, and could imagine doing so again. Two euro deposit payment is, in their opinion, reasonable.
– on the other Hand, came from the idea that this is now my own box. Maybe I should box, I'd wash it always at home and bring the food to the same box again, or I'd otherwise use, Helomaa said.
for this kind of problem restaurant Factory is a one month trial period come across. The first five of the ten boxes from the back to the restaurant returned only six.
It made me wonder whether the two euro deposit too small, said the restaurant Factory ceo Matti Karvonen .Restaurant, factory's ceo Matti Karvonen, according to the deposit system running does not require a restaurant just extra work. Boxes go in the washing machine like any other restaurant dishes. Antti Haanpää / ylel the handy box is the risk
that's Too convenient of a box can become a pledge of the system's weak point. Too fancy boxes too small pledge may stay in people's homes, when they come to restaurants for the mere consumer. Box of payout appears to be directly in it, is the restaurant's worthwhile to rotate the pledge system.
the ministry of the Environment financing of the project will not cause even a restaurant for a lot of expenses, but Karvonen says the continuation is already thought out.
– more Attractive, more convenient and nicer box also cost more, and more expensive box to raise pantinkin price. The pledge price and box the price should be a reasonable relationship. How much mortgage payment can be, that the client wants to take the box, but also return it to the restaurant? Karvonen consider.
even Though the challenges are still faced, Pantixi-the idea of the developers ' hopes are high, and the next step is already outlined. Planned is a multi-part containers collection of a variety of restaurant needs and hopes to get pantilliset box you use in all restaurants ethnic fast food places and lunch restaurants.
the Original Pantixi-name is going to change the name of the competition as a result of find as circle pack.
– Boxes could then align the restaurant between the similar system than, say, city bikes or electric scooters to be aligned. Develop some kind of alert system that tells you when something from the restaurant are boxes low, Kohvakka envisioned.
Kohvakan and Lehtinen's vision in the take-away box can be returned to any of the involved in the restaurant and the boxes would run smoothly in different restaurants in between. The practical implementation is still in the planning stage.the pilot experiment box is biomuovia, but Kohvakka and Lehtinen would like to continue recycling plastic material box.Antti Haanpää / YlePanttijärjestelmä of all the restaurants in between?
Before the conquest of the world, but there are still many questions to solve: What arrangements should eventually pay for restaurants? Whose responsibility is a box of good hygiene and intact survival? Are your customers willing to carry the plastic boxes from the restaurant to another?
Factory Matti Karvonen believes the pledge system work best just Factory like a lunch place or a chain restaurant where customers know they its often.
– I Think in principle your company point of view. We have a lot of regular customers who visit many times a week eating. If this deposit system leaves us to act, so customers can be offered a more responsible alternative to disposable food containers instead.
Karvonen does not want to speculate on how the plastic collar to work the entire restaurant industry-wide.
– I can See it a little bit difficult. If such a system would create different restaurant in between, it might be around to develop something new too the business. But a little bit to get the water to flow again in the river, before this is realized.
the Finnish company has developed muovitonta coffee cup for years – now opened the door to the world: "a Big, global boutique"
Fully recyclable paper bottle can come true – a Finnish paint company Teknos leave trips to the plastic problem with Coca–Cola
Sweden wants to ban more plastics products and find out the possibility of the plastic headband was – can you do the same in Finland?Subscribe Yle newsletters!
Get Overeating the best content straight to your inbox!Proceed to order