the 23-year-old Mikaela Shiffrin has had great success in the ongoing season, where she has won 14 races. Most recently it has been to WORLD cup gold in both the super G discipline and slalom at the championships in the Swedish Åre.
Shiffrin has been on the top of international skiing in many years, and won numerous races. In spite of the success she has had a hard time enjoying the many victories, when all the time there has been a new race to prepare for.
But it changed when she prior to the season bumped into superstar Roger Federer to an sponsormøde.
Federer had allegedly told Shiffrin, that he wish he had been better to celebrate his victories, when he was in his heyday. It writes the New York Times.
It was Mikaela Shiffrin have taken in and mention the conversation with the tennisstjernen as the cause for the current season is the, she has enjoyed the most.
Mikaela Shiffrin with her WORLD cup gold medal in super-G. Photo: Denis Balibouse.
Mikaela Shiffrins coach Mike Day has been able to notice the changes.
- a year ago we were ranked as the worst in the world to celebrate a victory, says Mike Day, the New York Times.
But now, Mikaela Shiffrin and her team took the spoon in the other hand.
We take for example out and get a delicious dinner with the entire team. To laugh over what has happened in the course of the day.
- I think, to the here new cheerful and light approach to things, has led to more success, says Mikaela Shiffrin.
Shiffrins new way of doing things has also meant that she has decided to make up for fewer disciplines at the WORLD championships in Åre.
She has among other things reported from the to the discipline, combined downhill, which she was named as favorite to.
It amazes several of her ski-colleagues, including ski queen Lindsey Vonn.
- She could have won it all.
- I am a racer, and I want to win as many races as possible. So personally, I understand it not, says Lindsey Vonn to the AP according to the NY Times.
Mikaela Shiffrin is honoured by the backing from Vonn, but feel that it is necessary to set limits for themselves.
I would love to be with in all the competitions, it is really tempting.
- But I need to only do what my body can cope with. I go to the limit, not over it, says Mikaela Shiffrin.
Skiing - 7. feb. 2019 - at. 22:55 Ouch! Ski star blue ass
Skiing - 14. feb. 2019 - at. 06:09 Lindsey is completely finished: Now waiting for wild things