There are a number of talented Swedish defenders that have large roles in their NHL team, and a range of both established and promising goalkeepers.
However, Sweden has for a number of years had a problem with obtaining distinct goals – a problem that Three Cent national coach Rikard Grönborg highlighted in an interview with the DN two years ago.
"We need to give players permission to stand out and be selfish," said Grönborg.
– Now raljerar I have a clue, but the Swedish jante law that we want to be one in a crowd and not excel by being different. That way of thinking, we need to turn on.
to reverse the trend have an assistant coach Johan Garpenlöv which next year takes over as head coach.
On social media has Garpenlöv stubbornly in the last few seasons pushed its ”målskytteskola” – where he with the help of clips from various matchsekvenser show a good example. Now there is material also on the association's official channels.
– We see that good things have begun to happen, but this is a long-term work as we just have started.
– Now, however, we have a few who are at the forefront and inspire the next generation. With his shot can Elias (Pettersson) come to be of the utmost importance. And with that he plays so well over there he shows the young players that it can.
, which last year won the SHL's scoring, making his first season in the NHL's Vancouver and tops by far in scoring for the newcomers.
at Home in Sweden, has another talent shown that there is hope what it comes målskyttet.
a New 19-year-old forward Emil Bemström, who is making his first season in the SHL, so far the season's top scorer. Unsurprisingly, he was in January appointed to the month's best player in the SHL.
In February, Emil landslagsdebutera in the Three Cent hemmaturnering, and he continued in the same way in the national team in their club. Bemström scored three goals in three matches and was selected to the tournament all-star team.
– Emil has most of the things that we look for in a natural scorer, " says Johan Garpenlöv.
" He has the desire to shoot – the first idea is to take the shot – and he looks to put himself in the position that he can shoot. So he continues to develop in the same way, Emil very well be a really high scorer.
only Elias Pettersson and Emil Bemströms rampage that gives Johan Garpenlöv the hope that the development is heading in the right direction.
" When I looked at the Tv-pucken, I saw many players that had very nice shots, and that wanted to take the shot.
– And we have young players like Alexander Holtz (Djurgården) and Lucas Raymond (Frölunda), which also has the tip in his game.
The training materials for the forwards, which includes the offensive game and målskyttet, was updated last year and the work to reach out with it to all of the clubs will continue.
– Målskytteskolan on the web continue also. The covenant hockeykonsulenter will lift it a notch when they are out there and give a lecture, with a focus on scoring and the importance of exercise in it, for the coaches around the country.
in Total, the federation has eleven hockeykonsulenter, working with education, employees from Luleå in the north to Malmö in the south.
"Myself, I am planning to go around out in the country, and try to push the development further," says Johan Garpenlöv.
Tv: ”Puckens eye” – here are the hidden gaps in the target