the Collaboration celebrates ten years in its current form and today's vision extends up to the year 2025.
– This means, among other things, that the various military units, with minimal administrative restrictions, to be able to be moved between the nordic countries. In this way it becomes easier to move forces to carry out joint activities and operations, " says Peter Hultqvist.
, to deepen civilian and military cooperation within the framework of totalförsvarsutbyggnaden, cross-border relief operations and improving the exchange of information in various crisis and conflict situations.
– Nordefco built gradually up to a stronger unit, a stronger role simply. But this requires that we work very closely with each other. It means a positionsförflyttning, " says Peter Hultqvist.
– on the other hand, requires the security policy situation that we are looking at how we can develop the ability to support each other in different types of situations, but this is also part of an ambition to strengthen each country's defence capability.
" We relate to our own need to create peace, security and stability in our neighbourhood. Then it is clear that we take note of what happens on the Russian side.
Peter Hultqvist explains that an important part of the goal is to maintain a state of preparedness for the nordic countries to act together in a crisis. But it is not a step towards a common nordic defence, under the secretary of defense.
– Everything is based on that of Sweden and Finland's military non-alignment, while Norway, Denmark and Iceland are in Nato. Everyone has their security policy, the basic platform, but what we do is to facilitate cooperation in a civilian or military crisis.
is also a starting point to deepen the cooperation with the baltic states. Also where in the form of exchange of information and exercises.
– participating in some context, right now, in the Nordefcos meetings.