As the højskolesangen 'The Danish song is a young blond girl' was sung as the song in the context of an internal meeting at the copenhagen business school, CBS, Copenhagen, felt like a female, brown researcher not included.
It writes Kristeligt Dagblad.
the Case has led to discussions at the institute and has since ended up at the management level, where the injured teacher has got an excuse.
the Incident took place well over a year ago, but today is Mads Mordhorst, viceinstitutleder at CBS’ Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy, glad that it took place.
- I understand her reaction, and it is good with the type of conflicts. Otherwise we have no opportunity to develop ourselves and to realize how hjemmeblinde we are. It is a culture that needs to be addressed and negotiated on institutniveau, says Mads Mordhorst.
When the incident took place, he was the group leader and the person who gave the staff an excuse. He believes that it was fine to sing in the morning, but regret over sangvalget.
- But someone has then, without ulterior motive, taken a song with a choice of words, as a, there are danes with a different ethnic background, feels offended by, he says.
- Personally, I took a conversation with her, where I backed her up and praised her for the courage she showed by as a postdoc to respond in a gathering with professors and other, which were higher in the hierarchy.
He believes that the song will not be sung at the institute, as it will act as a provocation.
Not all shares, however, viceinstitutlederens views on the matter. Including Ole Thyssen, professor emeritus at CBS, who was also present at the incident.
- The employees complained that she felt left out. I must say that I think there was talk about an overreaction. It was, pardon the expression, totally out of the hemp, he says to Kristeligt Dagblad.
- But the new principles are, of course, that if one subjectively feels offended, then you are violated.
Viceinstitutleder on the CBC Mads Mordhorst has on Wednesday morning responded on the matter on his Facebook. He believes that the Christian newspaper distribution article is 'highly geared'.
Mads Mordhorst will over for Extra Magazine does not elaborate on its Facebook lookup.
- I have nothing more to say now here. I've put something up on Facebook, he says.
He also do not think that he has the desire to deepen at a later time, saith the viceinstitutlederen.
FACTS: The Danish song is a young blond girl
the Song 'The Danish song is a young blond girl' has created stir on the educational institution CBS, where a researcher felt slighted over the fact that it was sung as a song at an internal meeting.
The Royal Library describes on its website the song as being 'among the most popular Danish songs'.
'The Danish song is a young blond girl' is made on the poem of the same name by Kai Hoffmann in 1924 and got its tune by the Danish composer Carl Nielsen in 1926.
Read the lyrics to the song here:
The Danish song is a young blond girl
she goes and hums in Denmark's house,
she is a child of the sea-blue kingdom
where the beeches are listening to bølgers shower.
The Danish song when the basically sound,
has the sound of the bell, the sword and shield.
In the us desk at the wide wings
one thing of note from hedenold.
Al Zealand, grace and the Danish newspaper Jyllands mightiness,
the two sounds of the gently and hard,
the song accomodate for the right to report,
what is deep within is us and our.
times change, and the seats house,
but the art and combat still requires steel,
the alterbål, where our soul shall ildnes
the flames hedest in Bjarkemål.
So sing en, Denmark, let the heart speak,
for hjertesproget is verse and song,
and learn we can of the nightingale,
of the lark over the green vang.
And the wind whistles its wild show
and the beach, hurled his højtidskvad,
from the moor the heather, as from the gates of the city tile
the song promise young and happy.
Sources: The Royal Library, the DR.