On Friday, presents the Green party's nomination committee, its proposal for a new male voice. After eight years in the post to Gustav Fridolin hand over the reins and most people think that it gets to Per Bolund, financial markets in government, Löfven.
at the same time that the green Party is facing a ledarskifte raging riots in France. The igniting spark was the higher fuel taxes, but the so-called " Yellow vests have grown out to a movement against economic injustice in the wide sense.
as Gustav Fridolin thinks about it a lot now when he is approaching the end of their time at the centre of policies. He does not believe that the party's message has captured all the nuances required to get a broad public since the major changes that the climate crisis requires.
" When people see the environmental damage they know that the green Party want to do something about it. But when you see the injustice in Sweden, then you have to in the same way feel that we have the knowledge and the commitment to do something about it. Where has my lot a homework to do, " said Gustav Fridolin.
– No, it is clear to me. I have, during my time as a voice not succeeded in showing that it is what we stand for.
" When we go to the polls next time must voters know that we will fight as much against inequality as against environmental degradation.
According to the MP's own eftervalsanalys believe an overwhelming majority of voters that the party does not understand the ordinary people's challenges, especially in rural areas where the dependency on cars is huge. The problem showed itself in the elections by MP lost almost half of its municipal mandate and now have no representation in the 91 municipalities.
With few exceptions, are the party's strongholds in the big cities, where the conditions for klimatomställning is completely different, for example, thanks to expanded public transportation.
Read more: Here are the main points of the januariavtalet
"We have had a dip in the last parliament, and it is something that the new management will need to continue to work with," says Gustav Fridolin.
If the environmental policy is perceived as something that they where in Stockholm can get to care about, only the wealthy can afford, then we will never be able to do the conversion.
in the rural areas also as a serious obstacle to reaching out with the party's climate message.
– People listen to people they feel are seeing the same reality as themselves, who share the same concerns as themselves. It is also a concern that the society is torn apart by the huge differences between poor and rich, between the city and the country.
– If the environmental policy is perceived as something that they where in Stockholm can get to care about, only the wealthy can afford, then we will never be able to do the conversion, " says Gustav Fridolin, who grew up in the small Vittsjö in skåne countryside.
the concrete reforms he wants to see in order to reduce the gaps: better pensions, increased child support to single parents and a recovery of the personal assistants for the disabled (LSS).
The green tax shift included in the januariavtalet can also be used to reduce the gaps,, Gustav Fridolin, by money from taxes goes back to the countryside. A reallocation can also be done by the profits from wind and hydro power remain where they are created.
– Many rural communities have a very big production that we all live by but a very scant municipal funds. It leads to cuts in the school and the care of the elderly and a sense of profits, is stuck up somewhere else.
Read more: Proposal for the first step in the green tax reform
In the socialist eftervalsanalys, who came in the week, pointed to higher fuel taxes out as a reason the party lost support among voters in rural areas. Badly thought out,, Gustav Fridolin, who warns that, let the environmental become the scapegoat for the gaps which really have their basis in other economic injustices.
– The where räddhågsenheten we have met in each negotiation. We may answer that our proposal is not bad but you are worried about what someone else will think.
" Yes, and the other parties.
– We will need to be the force that in every negotiation in the future to ensure that we meet the tax reductions have been to other parties ' priority, with equally strong suggestions for people who find it difficult to get the month to go together. I do not believe that any of the other parties in this constellation, who will take the task, " says Gustav Fridolin.
I note that when it comes to LSS, it was the Liberals we krokade arm.
There has recently been a breakout leading former greens have formed the new party turning point as a reaction, inter alia, against the bourgeois economic policy in januariavtalet.
" We made the choice to stop being a party that gave power to others and become a party that is prepared to take power to bring about change. But if you want to have a party that places itself on the side, then you should go elsewhere.
Read more: turning point, bringing heavy miljöpartist