Kokkola clew to Oy sea cleaning vessel chug Cholera basin in Helsinki in the foreground.
This plastic junk cleaning developed Cleansweep ship is another world available. It is another vessel to clean at the moment marine regions in Florida.
– it is important to Us to get dozens of ships in the navy cleaning the use of different parts of the world, said the clew to Oy, ceo Janne Saarikko .
the Vessels are company business, but at the same time part of a larger ideological goal.
– state of the oceans, problems of symbolism is understood. As well that is a reason to move to that mess would be less the fact that cleaning. Air blue is not green.Two patents, a combination
Clewatin business ideas, the sea clean ships, based in kokkola, John Myllykoski to develop hardware. Myllykoski got the idea of the baltic sea project the top prize in 2018.
They hardware, what is there, not fit enough for big problems. Now there is a device, which is capable of solving big problems, Myllykoski said.John Myllykoski invented the device, which can in the future to clean up plastic from the sea up to a kilometer in width at one time – "I Want that the kids would get fresh fish"
cleansweep's technology it is possible to collect from the sea up to a half millimeter to the size of the plastic garbage. Myllykoski innovation roots in oil spill response technology.
Two patent combination will do the job. Neither works alone, but they work very well together. The more I open at this stage, Myllykoski said.
Clewatin device has been in use already in ten countries. Saarikon according to the company's letter of intent, for example, the Ethiopian state with Tanajärven cleaning.
the Customers are in this stage, states and organizations.
– in the Ocean talk about problems, which is all common, but not anybody's private entity of their own. Pay is hard to find, as elsewhere climate change with action necessary, Saarikko said.
Especially in Asia the problem
Ocean talk about problems, which is all common, but not anybody's private entity of their own. Pay is hard to find, as elsewhere climate change with actions if necessary.Janne Saarikko
the Finnish environment institute senior researcher Seppo Knuuttila notes that marine plastic is a global problem, although the worst in Asia.
– the World's plastic debris, but 95% end up in the sea, ten by the river. These of which eight are in Asia, Knuuttila said.
plastic junk clean up old equipment could find use also closer to home, in Finland, although Knuuttila, according to the Baltic sea plastic problem is not yet as bad as in the world.
– we kind of could use for example the big towns and ports in the region. Our waste management works, but the world problems continue to get worse.
in the Baltic sea, the problem is in particular micro-plastics, which end up in the water, for example waste water.
Knuuttila sees plastic in solving the problem of a large market. The key to the solution would be that the waste no longer ends up in the ocean. However, this will happen for another year, and therefore the need for innovation, of which plastic will be the sea away.
the Company is, but still a problem waiting for the.issuance of Shares increase strength
Cleansweep developer John grinder on track cholera in the pool working platform with satisfaction. He is even a little amazed at how the idea has been reached in practice.
– this is just awesome on the model now, Myllykoski said.
the clew to apply their activities now financing. At the beginning of November opened with the share issue seeks million in additional capital. The purpose is to fund equipment to further development, ongoing internationalization and hire more workers.
we've received interest and tangible investment, but more money is needed, because this work is not to quickly get to the end, Janne Saarikko said.
as well As the mill on the Saarikko rejoice in the fact that the world has woken up to the sea state.
it Is so awesome to note that concerns around the world. The seas are cleaned together with competitors and work together to make the world a better place.Subscribe Yle newsletters!
Get Overeating the best content straight to your inbox! Order as many letters as you want!Proceed to order