Tomas Tobé has stated that he would like to see a focus on the substantive issues in front of the ”one more election campaign in which parties compete in rejection”. And also M-leader Ulf Kristersson are on the same line.
– this is another strange formdebatt. First we had the debate on what the EU should be, slimmer or thicker, or sharper. Now we have instead debate on how we should look at the political parties that we think are dangerous for their country's democracy. We make no decision on Polish internal politics in the EU, " he said in an interview with DN on Tuesday.
centrist party, has, along with several other parties, including P, have drawn a different conclusion. (C) clearly go to the election on the fight on ”right wing populism and aggressive nationalism”.
– Either we pursue the western democratic ideals and values of equality and the equal value of all people, or so we are going in Viktor Orbán's direction - as opposed to jämställdhetsreformer, attacking lgbtq people, who have no interest in having a functioning responsible immigration policies, and voting for more supranationality and towards to help the refugees in place, " he says.
Federley, accusing the new candidates from the M and the KD for the lack of knowledge about what goes on in the EU parliament.
– We have a collaboration between the liberal group and the conservative group that we should not let these forces have an influence. What both Sara Skyttedal, Tomas Tobé, and now Ulf Kristersson really saying is that they should go down here and break the deal. We keep them away from the bureau seats in the committees and in the plenary, just as they have done in Sweden, said Federley.
– This is what it means. You should not take rejection, you'll let all of the heat. That means that he believes that the Conservatives party colleagues in Poland do the wrong things right now, " he says.
Federley agree with Kristersson that the EU is not making decisions about the countries ' internal affairs but that the parties have a responsibility for the forces they strengthen.
" I ask myself questions about the Conservatives now, is against the article 7 procedure (a restriction of the national rights, ed) against Hungary? Is M against the coalition in Poland, both before the EUROPEAN elections and the national elections in October where all from the conservatives to the vänsterpartister collaborate to keep the Law and justice gone?
call the growing högerpopulismen for a threat to european cooperation.
" But I believe that more politicians need to ask themselves the question of why populism is growing, and how we should correct the causes. Europe must tackle the societal challenges of cross-border crime, control immigration and create more confidence in the future. The centre party seems to believe that their rejection of The sweden democrats is that supposed to be the important news also in the elections to the EUROPEAN parliament, " he says.
Tomas Tobé, accusing Federley to give an incorrect picture of how the cooperation in the parliament works.
" It is regrettable that I should have to tell Fredrick how it works in the european Parliament, where he now been in five years. There are a number of established collaborations between the EPP, Alde, the socialists and the ECR group where, for example, the SD sit.
That M would try to break up a contract to shut out right-wing populist parties from the specific positions dismiss Moderates.
– It is nonsense. Fredrick Federley know very well that the Conservatives said that we will continue to have a cooperation with ALDE and also with the social democrats. I also believe that there will be negotiations with the ECR group.
– There is no reason to engage in cooperation with the right-wing parties. In Fredric Federleys world wont the SD included. It amazes me, Federley have myself sat at the negotiating table where the SD is also been around, " says Tomas Tobé.
Tomas Tobé think they know what I have negotiated with and not. The centre party has never, ever negotiated the policy with The sweden democrats in the EUROPEAN parliament. However, the conservatives now have to fight to come to parliament to negotiate with SD, and Marine Le Pen, the answer Federley.