for the European council meeting later in the week to meet the EU-committee in the day Wednesday. The idea is that sweden's prime minister Stefan Löfven shall consult with the other Swedish politicians before he takes part in the meeting in Brussels.
Jonas Sjöstedt (V) is already on the pre-critical to the prime minister will have to say.
– Under the EU council, we should give Stefan Löfven mandate for the EU council. An important part is the climate and it is like that in general as it always tends to be, to meet the paris agreement and think that this will be resolved. But there is very little content. And then I thought, put forward three proposals that I think you should take decisions quickly, " says Jonas Sjöstedt.
if the EU is to stop investing in the expansion of airports and motorways.
– An airport is based on the fact that you should fly there and then be fixed in the release. And then you have to go over to that which is sustainable instead. You should stop supporting activities that are destroying the climate. And then you can make a long-term budget for when it is good location to end it, " says Sjöstedt.
He does not think that there are no realistic plans to replace today's jet fuel with a more environmentally friendly alternative.
" We have five to ten years on the us to ask about the climate and the least you can do is to stop doing wrong.
Jonas Sjöstedt other proposal is that the EIB should stop granting loans to projects that are harmful for the climate.
– the EU should provide active support to the kind of thing that increases emissions. In day investing the EIB, inter alia, in the gas sector. They should be set if and only giving loans to environmentally-friendly investment, " says Sjöstedt.
He would not, in that meat production in the EU is subsidised.
– No, our goal is to phase out subsidies everywhere. So I think that it is time to show the way. You get to pay what it costs, it would be able to promote more climate-friendly alternatives, think Jonas Sjöstedt.
The third proposal is for the EU parliament's own activities.
– It causes very high emissions. It is flown to Brussels all the time and the EU has two major parliaments of the member states as one moves between them. It goes great lastbilskaravaner with everything you need to move over. I would like to do a big review of its carbon emissions. Then you also get a greater credibility when you educate others, " says Jonas Sjöstedt.
Read more: Malin Björk (V): I would like to see a european airline tax