As DN reported on Thursday to have the defense agreed that Sweden needs to be a greater defense. Among other things, the army's numbers to be twice as big, more gripen aircraft to be maintained as well as the additional a submarine. There will be new stock radarflygplan and anti-aircraft missiles to the navy Visbykorvetter.
the years 2021-2025. The price tag has roughly been calculated, according to what several sources with insight in the work state for DN.
the Preparation has worked with a so-called ”planeringsförutsättning”, which implies an increase of the defence spending by 50 per cent. The formula used is based on försvarsanslaget 2018, representing 1 per cent of gross domestic product, gdp. To count defence spending as a percentage of gdp is a common measure internationally.
For the proposal's ending in 2025 have the preparation counted on government expenditure ”Defense and society's emergency preparedness” increased to 1.5 per cent of gdp. The baseline year 2018, the cost of the item 54 billion, a 50% increase would mean approximately 81 billion by the year 2025.
gets will be determined in negotiations between the parties. DN has therefore asked all eight of the party members in the preparation how large the allocation should be by 2025, and at the end of the subsequent försvarsbeslutsperiod, 2030.
the chairman of the Nomination committee Björn von Sydow (S) answer, that he declines to now hold discussions on finance and appropriations public:
– the defense has the task to highlight the costs and consequences of our proposals. We will do that in the committee's final report, " says von Sydow.
the final report comes about three months, on 14 may.
Ewa Stenberg: Defence policy is a series of failures – how is it now?
In Sweden, it is an unwritten rule that försvarsuppgörelser is made up of the political blockgränsen to get the stability, in practice, between the two biggest parties, S and M.
" the Conservatives believe that defence spending in 2028 will reach two percent of gdp. It is our long-term goal and something we operate within the framework of the defense. The supplement that the defense got as a result of that our budget was adopted in the parliament in the autumn, we see as a first step towards achieving tvåprocentsmålet, responds to the moderate members of the defense Beatrice Ask, Karin Enström, and Hans Wallmark.
is The highest.
– by the Year 2025 approximately 90 billion and by 2030 approximately 130 billion, responds Roger Richtoff (SD) which adds:
– We have in the past as the only party proposed 2 per cent of gdp. Now it seems almost all the parties, orally, say the same. We are temporarily likely to go up to 2.5% to stabilize at 2 per cent later.
the Level of 2 percent of gdp is the same as Sweden's neighbours into Nato agreed, after Russia's aggression in Ukraine in 2014. Nato member countries shall, by 2024 to have reached 2% of gdp on their national defense spending.Link to the graphics
Also, the S-MP government both co-operation parties (C and L want to raise försvarsanslaget to levels above 1.5%.
runs the Centre party that the defence budget should amount to at least the average of the nordic countries ' defence budgets. In the present time corresponds to approximately 1.5 per cent of gdp. In the longer term, Sweden should meet the common objectives of defence spending that Nato membership requires, that is to say, 2 per cent of gdp, says Daniel Bäckström C.
– Our grant lands on the 88 billion by the year 2025 – or about 1.62 percent of gdp. The corresponding figures for 2030 are 110 billion and 1.84% of gdp, responds to Allan Widman, the Liberal party.
the Christian democratic party is also above the 1.5 per cent.
– It is difficult to say exactly, it depends a lot on how the money can be used in an effective way. Roughly estimated, we are talking about approximately 1.7 per cent of gdp by the year 2025, and around 2% of gdp a few years later, in maybe 2027 or 2028, " said Mikael Oscarsson, the christian democrats member of the committee.
at least five parliamentary parties before the preparation slutmangling strongly supports increased appropriations: M, SD, C, KD and L. The parties have a total of 205 of the riksdag's 349 seats.
The other governing party, the green Party, has also been included in the latest försvarsuppgörelserna.
"the Focus should be on the defence operational capabilities, not on how big a percentage of gdp we invest," says Anders Schröder, MP. His party, as well as the Left party does not want to enter numbers, but the MP and V rejects not a raise:
– the Left party want to see a well-functioning defence forces with increased operational capacity and a stronger civil defence, responds to Lena Johnsson Fornarve (V).
that the committee will propose, large amounts of shot in the future are handled. The state treasury and the national financial management authority revealed in a report in november that försvarsekonomin must be guided at all stages.
Up to 2025 is missing 88 billion for the stock, as the politicians decided to be purchased. The costs of the already ordered equipment eat up materielanslaget until 2025, if it is not raised. At a seminar last Friday, noted Thomas Engevall from the Swedish Defence materiel administration service council management staff:
" It takes five years before it is possible to order a nut to.
The rise in defence spending have the support of the Swedish people appeared in the DN/Ipsos survey of opinonen in december 2018. Close to half, 46 percent, of the respondents said that the financial resources allocated to defence should increase. 37 per cent considered that the resources should be maintained at the current level. Only 7 per cent wanted to reduce the allocation.