the death toll after the bombings in Sri Lanka continued to rise throughout Sunday night and had on Monday morning reached the 290, while the number of injured has risen to around 500.
linked to the terrorist attacks. Two people who ”acted suspiciously” at a hotel in the town of Dambulla in the central parts of the country were arrested on Monday, says a police chief for CNN.Image 1 of 2 Police are investigating the hotel Shangri-La in Colombo. Photo: Chamila Karunarathne/AP Slide 2 of 2 A series of explosions occurred in three churches and three hotels early on Sunday morning, local time. Photo: Jewel Samad/AFP Slideshow
most of The evidence suggests that the explosions were självmordsdåd, at least most of them.
of the information that AP taken from a forensic investigator on site. Six of the nuclear explosions generated shall be carried out by seven suicide bombers, according to AP.
10.00-the time on Monday issued the government a new curfew for Monday evening and night. It comes from 20.00 to 04.00, local time, in the capital city of Colombo.
the Government pointed later out of the local militant grouping NTJ as a suspect for the attacks, according to the AP. But the group is believed to have received the help of an international network, according to health minister Rajitha Senaratne
No one has yet taken on itself the attacks. It is speculated that they were carried out by militant islamists. Självmordsdåd was performed, although often by tamil separatists during the civil war that ended ten years ago, but targets, christians and tourists, this time has been completely different.
sent on april 11, a message to the other managers in the corps to islamistgruppen NTJ planned acts against the ”essential churches”. The data must have come from a foreign intelligence agency.
NTJ is a pretty unknown group but linked to the attacks on the buddhist statues last year.
Prime minister Ranil Wickremesinghe admits that some of the information existed but that the government has received it, according to Reuters.
at 06 on Monday, traffic in the capital city of Colombo, which normally is intense, unusual, tranquil. Soldiers are stationed outside major hotels and important official buildings.
People who strandsatts at the airport during the curfew began to move homewards.
in Addition to the curfew, the authorities have limited access to social media and messaging services on the internet in order to prevent the spread of false news.
The sri lankan stock exchange is closed on Monday, and the schools are closed for Wednesday.
the Country's national security council on Monday gathered for the meeting. There is some concern about revenge attacks. During the evening and night has a bensinbombsattack taken place against a mosque in the north, and two shops owned by muslims in the western part of the country has been set on fire.
On Sunday evening discovered a two-metre-long the us team can close the road to Colombo international airport. The desarmerades by the police.
as a series of explosions occurred in three churches and three hotels in an apparently coordinated attack. Some hours later, was another two explosions, one in a hotel and partly in a property which they held on to crawl.
most of the victims were required in the churches, where terrifying scenes described with the mangled bodies under the nedrasade roofs and splintered benches.
An australian survivor who was in a room at the luxury hotel Shangri-La in Colombo when a bomb is detonated, telling radio station 3AW that the hotel became the scene of ”complete carnage”.
– People screaming, there were bodies everywhere.
He and a companion had seen two men with backpacks a few seconds before the explosion, " he says.
citizens. Of these, the authorities have so far confirmed that five britons died, of whom two also with american citizenship, as well as the three danes, three indians, two turks, two chinese and one person each from Portugal, Japan and the Netherlands.
There is also evidence that people from Poland, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Morocco are among the victims, but it has not been fixed officially.
The Swedish ministry of foreign affairs went on the Sunday night out with an advice against ”non-essential” travel to the whole of Sri Lanka by reason of the security situation. Dissuasion is valid until further notice.
– It is the tourist and to visit relatives or friends, which we discourage, " says Erika Dahlberg at the Swedish foreign MINISTRY's press office.
At 10: 30 a.m.-time Swedish time on Monday, had the foreign MINISTRY's press service, no information about injured or killed swedes.
Attacks in Sri Lanka – this has happened to
Michael Winiarski: this time struck terror to the without notice
the Worst outbreak of violence in Sri Lanka in ten years