Danish Patients have more concerns, if the government abolishes the regional councils.
the Announcement comes after the government, according to several media has announced that it will abolish the regional councils, which today operates the hospitals.
- The most important thing for us is to get a better consistency in the sectors. But it must be done at the same time that the decisions are politically controlled, and that patients are consulted and may ask the politicians to responsibility, says the director of the Danish Patients, Morten Freil.
instead of the regional councils must establish five health services as well as 21 sundhedsfællesskaber. They will not been run by the elected politicians as now, but to be politically selected.
It worries Morten Freil.
- drive health care is not a business. When you put a clean professional board of directors, may be well fear of the political decisions, he says.
- An example could last lægehelikopteren - it is not economically profitable, but very important, says Morten Freil.
the Government expects, according to Politiken to save two billion kroner by means of regional councils. However, it is unclear what the government will spend the money on.
- We get more older people into the system, so it is important that the savings comes the older people to benefit. We get more chronically ill, so there must be given more money, says Morten Freil.
the Purpose of sundhedsfællesskaberne is to get the hospital, private doctor, and municipalities to work better together.
It is Morten Freil positive.
- The good thing is, to a greater nationalstyring provides more consistent quality. Sundhedsfællesskaber also binds the hospitals, the municipalities and the common practice of better together, says Morten Freil.
the Plans being presented by the government at a press conference in the prime minister's office on Wednesday at 10 o'clock.