'There are not enough children in the city'. That was the gist of the explanation, since the day care center Langdraget in Gilleleje got a message that it had to be closed in July 2019. It led the institution to know in september 2018, but just five months after missing one now has 15 crèche places in the city.
It writes the local paper Gribskov.
Christian Jørgensen, who is one of the parents from the Langdraget, searched together with the other parents at the time an access to how kid-the numbers actually were in the municipality. There he could see that there would be too few seats, if Langdraget closed. Therefore, he took contact to the board and the administration.
- We asked if they had taken account of newcomers and the newborn children. We got the message, that the calculations we had done, was wrong. And that there would not be a problem with the number of institution-places in the municipality, says Christian Jørgensen for Extra Magazine.
Christian Jørgensen, along with the other parents questioned the calculations. And it appears there now also appears that there was no reason to. the
Five hours of extra driving
Børneudvalget of the Competition took the decision to close the Langdraget in the light of figures which showed how many children in total, there were between zero and six years in the city. But that was apparently not taken into account, how many children were in vuggestuealderen, and how many children were in kindergarten.
It now comes potentially to hit the Claus Bjerregaard, who is one of the parents, who in the future may not be able to get a vuggestueplads to her child.
the Family had previously used a nursery for their youngest daughter, but when the day care was a cerebral hemorrhage, they had to seek other roads.
First, they were offered a vuggestueplads in the town of Fuengirola, but as it would be an hour of extra driving a day, searched the family a place in the Langdraget.
- We got a place in the Langdraget, but with a message that we could not move over to another institution, when it closes for July, tells Claus Bjerregaard to Ekstra Bladet.
the President of the Børneudvalget of the Competition, Sisse Krøll Willemoes, says that it can't fit, and that all the families in the nursery should be assured a place in another institution, when Langdraget closes.
Claus Bjerregaard, wife, Rikke Bjerregaard, upholds, however, in that they received the message of dagtilbudslederen Thomas Kamstrup Mikkelsen.
the Extra Leaf has been trying to get it confirmed by Thomas Kamstrup Mikkelsen, but he will neither confirm or deny whether it is true.
But according to Claus Bjerregaard and his family, this means that if they can't move over to the new day care center, then they must either seek an institution outside the city, or they hope to be employed child-minder enough in the city in the month of July.
- It is going to take time from our families if we suddenly need to drive an hour extra every day. It will be five hours of extra driving a week, and it seems I'm not, is quality time with my children, he says.
- Now we are happily so privileged that we have two cars, but if we had not had them, then it would be very difficult for us to get to hang together.
the President of the Børneudvalget of the Competition, Sisse Krøll Willemoes, recognizing problemmet. She points out that it is on a wrong basis, that the decision was taken.
- We decided on the basis of an expectation of a declining børnetal, and not that we could see that børnetallet had fallen, she says to Ekstra Bladet.
- Since we took the decision we thought that we were on the cutting edge, but we can see now that it has been inappropriate.
If you could rewind time, would you have done anything differently?
- Yes, we would have waited to close the Langdraget we could see that børnetallet actually fallen, tells Sisse Krøll Willemoes to Ekstra Bladet.
On Thursday, Børneudvalget in the Competition for an extraordinary meeting to discuss whether they will stick to the decision to close the Langdraget.
the Extra Leaf will follow up on the family Bjerregaard situation.