The legendary fodboldkommentator Carsten Werge turned Sunday back behind the microphone on TV3+, having been on sick leave with acute inflammation of the pancreas in eight months.
The long-awaited comeback was a bit emotional for the commentator.
As I stood down on the field before the match, and I could feel the atmosphere, so it went right in the blood on me.
I was damn quite touched, said Carsten Werge to the Extra Blade,
Fodboldkommentatoren is happy for the welcome he has received from fans and colleagues in the context of his comeback on the screen.
- It has been magnificent.
I had thought that I would be out of sight, out of mind, but it has not been.
People have been incredibly cute, says Carsten Werge.
Foldboldkommentatoren was satisfied with his performance in the comebacket, though there was a bit of rust that should knock of.
I can feel that one must check in a flow, but I don't think that there were many who could hear, that I have been away, says a delighted Carsten Werge, after having commented on the Superliga match between Brøndby and Randers.
Fodboldkommentatoren expects soon to have in the fire again. He hopes that he is fresh enough to comment on some of the second legs in the Champions League-draws in the coming weeks
- It can not be denied, that I must for the Champions League.
- It is clear, I must consider whether I have the strength to take off and travel.
- Now we should just evaluate the here fight, and then we take it from there, says Carsten Werge.
He is just happy to be running again.
- It is not so important how many matches I get. The main thing is just that I get some matches so I can get in the revs.
Less than Champions League matches can make it for the commentator-the legend.
- I've always had the approach that it does not matter whether it is Valby Idrætspark or the San Siro, it's just fat, that I have something to take me to, says Carsten Werge to Ekstra Bladet.
Carsten Werge has been a commentator on TV3 channels in over 20 years.
Sports and Games The seven pieces to Zornigers case