The professional level of teacher education is too low, and the ambitions should be higher.
in Addition, there is a big difference in the effort the students put, and for many going through the training with too low studieintensitet - the number of hours they spend on the study.
It shows an evaluation by a group of experts has made on teacher training.
this was stated by The Ministry of Education and research in a press release.
in turn, is education in recent years has been to better equip the students to teach their courses, and the internship is strengthened.
in Addition, the courses become better to attract applicants with higher grades than in the past.
the Conclusions in the report provides panderynker of education and forskningsminister Tommy Ahlers (V).
- It is good that training in some areas have become better and more attractive for the students.
- But I'm worried about the professional level and studieintensiteten, which is too low.
- the Government has high ambitions for teacher education, since we must have even better teachers, he says in a press release.
the Expert group has examined teacher training from 2013, which was the first year for a new reform.
At a Danish University, there is an organization for, among other teacher education, it is recognised that the level is not high enough.
- It is a new teacher training from 2013, as we have had to develop and implement.
- It sounds easier than it is, and we have not hit the disc exactly in the first version, says vice-president Camilla Wang.
She explains that there are being developed new and harder tests. They will slowly be ready from the summer and fully implemented in 2020.
- The students will to a greater extent than today be tried in the breadth and depth - also in their actually skills in teaching.
- When you are faced with higher requirements, you also need to exert a higher effort and spend more time on the training course, says Camilla Wang.
Even though the training gets criticism for having a too low level, she thinks, to be hatched good teachers.
- It is academically proficient teachers who come out, but they need to be better prepared for the tasks to resolve conflicts in the classroom and handle the cooperation with the parents, says Camilla Wang.