I simply can't express with words how crazy I am with bacon.
How to replied environment and food Jakob Ellemann-Jensen jauntily, as he 2. October on the way to the chapel was confronted by the co-founder of Veganerpartiet Henrik Vindfeldt, which was met up to discuss the plight of pigs and chickens in Denmark.
A short video clip of the short meningsudveklsing quickly found its way to the press and the social media, which really sparked the debate about veganism, animal welfare, health and the environment.
But the meeting between Jacob Ellemann-Jensen and Henrik Vindfeldt also resulted in a huge attention to Veganerpartiet, which so far had only existed for six months as Henrik Vindfeldts own 'little hobby.'
- the Episode gave us a lot of exposure and an opportunity to go out in the media, and validate our messages with reports and facts. It gave us a microphone, which we could use to awaken people's interest for what happens in the food industry, says the party's 27-year-old co-founder.
the Danish policy - 3. oct. 2018 - at. 19:20 Cocky Ellemann for vegan: I love bacon
He can understand people may feel provoked, when a party calls for a modification of their eating and consumption habits.
- I think that when some demand that people change their behavior, so they become irritated and relying on their liberal rights, he says, and adds:
- By the abolition of the to end corporal punishment people said that there were not any which would interfere in how they opdragede their children. Anyway, today we have 20 to 25 years later, all together, an understanding that of course you should not beat his children, says Henrik Vindfeldt.
Since the clip came out, he has become a well known face in the Danish media. In October wrote B. T. to Henry in a video on the Veganerpartiets Facebook page compared the meat-eaters with paedophiles - a interpretation, as the 27-year-old vegan, incidentally, was very much disagree with that.
In november, declared his party the comedian Tobias Dybvad for zoophilia, and the fourth december gave Henrik a tear on live tv, when he was in TV2 News to talk about the problems of industrial landsbrug.
the Latter of the emotional episode, he is either embarrassed or annoyed with. On the contrary, seems to Henry that it was an important signal to send to the danes.
- I think it was really important that people could see that ordinary people think that this is so brutal, that they are being emotionally affected by it, he says.
basically from one day to the other went to Henry Vindfeldt from being a self-taught video producer to become a well-known face in the Danish media, where he will be invited in to speak about veganism. Here he is on the visit of Denmark's national Radio P3, together with Lisel Vad Olsson, who runs the blog Speak For Animals, where she writes about veganism. Private: Henrik Vindfeldt
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------- My view on Denmark was turned
There is much to welcome in the brand new party, explains Henrik Vinfeldt, which is experiencing an increasing interest among the danes to live a life without animal products. He himself was seriously interested in the case in april, where he himself had been a vegan for about a half a year.
I began to go through a lot of reports, because I had to make a documentary. I went to a lot of organizations, and headed the reports that I subsequently read through, and there I got me a 48 hours long experience where my whole outlook on Denmark were turned, because things work in a completely different way than I had imagined.
Henry stresses that the biggest problem today, as seen from the Veganerpartiets point of view is the lack of information about how our food is produced.
- Vegans are vegans because they find out that it either is destructive to the environment, their own health or for the animals. As long as the industry can cushion the message, you can keep people in the faith that all is well.
Henrik Vindfeldts blue book
27 years old.
Have read the programming and one semester of political science and microeconomics at CBS.
a self-taught video producer and co-founder of Veganerpartiet.
Living together with my boyfriend, Frederikke.read more Close