in Finland did not go a particle of sawdust wasted. Sawdust might become even a shortage.
the country we saw industry use 26 million cubic meters of wood each year, approximately 3.3 million cubic feet of sawdust, most of which ended up in energy production from incineration.
About a third of the sawdust is used as raw material for paper and wood processing industry, but the factories puruntarve is growing.
After all our country was born with sawdust is already in use, is the extract more difficult to obtain.
– Also saw dust work in the market economy of the law. With the increase in demand the price will rise. Still a couple of years ago, sawdust was the yardage problems, says the sawmill industry association's ceo I Guess the sea mountain .
sea mountain stresses that wood-based fuels replaced fossil fuel. He is, however, desirable that the sawdust breeding value to be able to raise the current.the Finnish sawmill industry, used each year by about 26 million cubic metres of wood as a by-product of approximately 3.3 million cubic feet of sawdust. Heikki Haapalainen / Yle
Both the energy and paper processing industry to acquire, however sawdust where buying it makes the most sense economically.
– Country in addition to the extract is imported from an Eagle, for example, the Baltic countries and Russia, where the transport time is shorter than, for example, Rovaniemi, tell Kotkamills Oy, procurement director Jouni Pekonen said.Pulp and black lye
Among others in consumer packaging, paperboard, and to laminate paper Eagle manufacturers eagle mills Ltd. use of Finnish industrial plants with the most sawdust. The factory needs it cellulose manufacture.
–currently, the sawdust delivered to the plant 500 mile radius of eagle from about 13 500 truckloads a year, Pekonen told the
Around half of Kotkamills Oy, a subsidiary of eagle mills absorbex provided to 0.7 million cubic meters of sawdust mass of ennobled Eagle mill paper as raw material and from the end of the generated black liquor, which is utilized mill production of bioenergy.saw the actual sawmill industry products in addition, there is enough demand today, also sawdust. Mikko Savolainen / Yle
When the black liquor organic material burned in the plant flow processes, generated steam, which the plant used for pulp manufacturing, cardboard, paper and sawn timber drying and electricity production.
– the steam from the biomass energy produced, thanks to our factory is nearly self-sufficient in terms of energy, told the eagle mills Ltd's director of procurement, Jouni Pekonen.Heat - and power plants
the Finnish sawdust ended up about 30% of carbon bound to use, such as paper and wood panels manufacture. 70% ends up burning either as such or in the form of pellets processed.
in Southern Finland, the most significant of sawdust energy users are the municipal heating plant and the North-Finland, district heating plants, which produce sawdust also electricity.
emission rights change the state support of wood chips as a fuel has run out, so today, wood chips, sawdust and tree bark are priced equal raw materials so paper processing - as the energy industry, told the sawmill industry association's ceo, I Guess the sea mountain.
One of the country's largest wood fuel use for power plants is the Turku region energy production in Naantali suurvoimala plant, which consumes energy wood about two and a half million irtokuutio meters a year. Sawdust in the proportion of wood in total consumption is about ten percent.
– Sawdust goes to the factory yet so far from the homeland, but wood chips can also be from Russia and the Baltic countries, report of the Turku Region energy production Ltd on the supply of fuel corresponding to the Sanna Alitalo .eagle mills Absorbex Ltd factory sawdust from the processed cellulose is prepared, the laminate paper. Antti Vettenranta
Pori planned large biokonversio factories, which would prepare from sawdust and kuorikkeen of bioethanol, lignin and biogas. The plant would produce päätuotteenaan gasoline mix to produce bioethanol approximately 25 000 tonnes per year. The by-product would be biogas to around 15 000 cars.
the Preliminary plan according to biokonversio the plant is scheduled for commissioning in 2023.
the sawdust is being planned on the fire also protein fish food and possibly even human nutrition.Carbon binding laminate
the eagle mills Absorbex Ltd is one of the world's largest laminate paper manufacturer. Its 165 000 tonnes of the annual production 95% is exported.
Products major end-use items are the interior and technology of high pressure laminate. Their so ikilevy of a long service life thanks to the sawdust carbon was bound in the end product even for tens of years, Pekonen says.
He is concerned about how the state began to possibly in the future control of sawdust use.
– Sawdust in the use of the support, for example, renewable liquid fuel manufacture would lead to the fact that the carbon bound use area would cost in the development of a disadvantage.
laminate paper market growth in the Eagle Mills Absorbex Ltd's goal is to raise paper production 165 000 tonnes to 250 000 tonnes per year.
the increase in the Production requires the existing paper machine modernisation and investment to a completely new specialty paper machine. Kotkamills Oy employment means creating the extension of the existing 530 employees, in addition to 30 new employees.
Pekonen according to the increase in production require also that the factory is able to acquire about one million cubic meters more sawdust per year.
– Change is necessary to rise in paper production of the required raw material adequacy in order to safeguard, Pekonen says.Subscribe Yle newsletters!
Get Overeating the best content straight to your inbox!Proceed to order