On Tuesday afternoon had 45 children included among the 321 victims of the attacks on the Sri Lanka. It has government sources in the country, stated of the united nations agency Unicef, which is in place in the country. 13 of children, according to Unicef, have been killed during påskmässan in a church in Batticaloa, situated on the east coast. The youngest victim was 18 months old.
in Sri Lanka, but also among the young victims are several different nationalities represented. According to a report from Unicef, it is currently on five different nationalities among the dead children. The report was published on Tuesday afternoon.
so Far the data has been confirmed regarding the two british syskonpar, a 14 and 11 year old, the second 15 and 19 years old. Known and confirmed is also the Danish billionaire Anders Holch Povlsens lost three children.
– Unfortunately, the risk of the number of deaths increasing even among children. As many who are dead are cared for severely injured to the various hospitals around the country. We regularly receive new data from the hospitals, " says a spokesperson for the UN agency Unicef to DN. For security reasons want to the spokesperson does not yet have its name posted.
$ 10,000 the equivalent of just over 90.000 million, for the immediate assistance to the medical equipment, but also to protect the children affected. The organization, however, believes that it will need at least 75.000 dollars (just over the 700,000 Swedish crowns) to cover the various needs that have been identified to date:
• 40.000 dollars needed to fill up the hospitals supply of medical equipment.
• the 10,000 dollars needed to provide emergency psychological support to those who have lost a parent or witnessed any of the bloody attacks.
• the 20,000 dollars is estimated to need, in the longer term work across the affected psychosocial.
• the 5,000 dollars needed to take care of the children who lost their parents.
"Right now, we do everything we can to support the country's ministry of health to compile all of the data in order to ensure that the right priorities take place," says Unicef spokesperson who is in the capital city of Colombo.
the children who lost their parents, and pair them with the relatives for them to have somewhere to go.
" We are all in deep shock and grief, but I am of the opinion that the authorities do everything they can under the difficult circumstances. It is extremely difficult to get an overview of the long-term consequences in the present.
"we know from experience, however, that all the children who had been witnesses to the attacks also will need support and help for a long time," says Unicef spokesperson.
children depends according to the spokesperson likely that the attacks were directed against the very hotels where families celebrated the easter holidays, but also against the churches, where easter is a familjehögtid. This is well known fact.
– It is terrible that children constitute the targets for this type of attacks. No child should have to suffer for this, " says Unicef spokesperson.
All schools will be closed until the 29 april. The state of emergency and utgångsförbudet during the night time will continue to prevail. The government has also promised financial support in the form of cash to all the families affected.
Political infighting stopped the warning about the terror
Grief among Sri Lankan christians: My family is gone
the sri lankan police are looking for several vehicles suspected of containing explosives