most of The participants at the Danish 'X Factor' choose as a rule to sing in Danish or English.
But the 50-year-old Flemming from Randers went a completely different way. He sang namely in filipino.
Dressed in a dark cap and a t-shirt that said 'the philippine experience', he tells the jury of his choice.
- I like to sing songs in other languages than the original language. Especially international well-known songs, sounds from Flemming
Film, tv & radio - 4. jan. 2019 - at. 14:28 Young girls shocked in the 'X Factor': - Goes In around and knocking people or what?
A puzzled panel of judges stared with big eyes on Flemming.
- It sounds like a perversion!, littering Blacmann.
Flemming chose to sing the mega-hit 'Despacito', which was released in 2017 of the peruvian musicians Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee.
in Order to prove to the judges that he could actually sing the song in filipino, had Flemming brought the lyrics to the judges.
Film, tv & radio - 11. jan. 2019 - at. 08:02 Only 17 years: 'X Factor'judge can't hold back the tears
After a somewhat different audition seemed the judges completely dumbfounded.
- It is damn for game the here. It is very crazy. It belongs to a completely different galaxy, saith the Culture.
Flemming, however, could not convince the jury that he should go ahead.
Flemming, the philippine jukebox, to its 'X Factor'audition. Photo. TV2 X Factor
the Extra Leaf caught Flemming, the philippine jukebox, over the phone for a chat about his audition.
- I would like to show my passion for languages, and that I am the type who likes to stand out and be unique. I have always loved languages, and speaks German, English and a bit chinese and japanese. But I got the interest of the filipino language, because there are over 80 dialects.
- I love to work with something that is complex - and it is filipino, says Flemming to Ekstra Bladet.
Film, tv & radio - 18. jan. 2019 - at. 08:44 'X Factor'-judges of the big problems: - We don't understand you!
Flemming can sing a myriad of songs in other languages than the original language. He can sing John Denver's 'Country Roads' in japanese.
even Though Flemming did not go further in this year's 'X Factor', he puts not the music on the shelf.
- Next year I am taking part in 'X Factor' again. There will I sing 'Despacito' once again - but just in chinese. Then you shall see the Culture fall down from the chair, laughing Flemming.
Flemming has not yet had its breakthrough in Denmark, but the languages-happy singer dreams of performing abroad.
- I would like to sing in the Filippierne and much like in the filippinkse 'X Factor'. So I will appear dressed in a shirt with a big picture of the Blachmann, says the philippine jukebox from Randers to Ekstra Bladet.
'Despacito' in filipino
Si, Sinayang mo pag-ibig ko sayo
Puso ko ay Sinaktan mo
Sa bi mo
noon hindi ka magbabago
Ako lang ang mamahalin mo
Bakit mo ako niloko
Sa bi mo
noon ako lang ang mahal mo
bat ngayon iniwan mo ako
pag-ibig mo'y biglang naglaho
Ang sakit sakit, sakit ng ginawa mo
Pusoy ko'y nalilito
Ba’t nagawa mo sa’kin two
Ang lahat, lahat , lahat ibinigay ko
Bakit biglang nagbago
to iniwan mo ako
Nakita kita kagabi! Sa sulok sa isang tabi!
May kasamang ibang lalake masaya kayong magkatabi
Sinungaling ka ngayon ko lang ito nalaman
May iba ka na pala ngayong kasintahan
Hindi ako mapakali, nilapitan kita sandali
tinanong kita saan ako sayo nagkamali
Ano ba ang nagawa kong kasalanan
Minahal naman kita saan ako nagkulang
Sanay mawala na
Sakit ng nadama
Sana masaya ka sa bago mong kasintahan
Sana hindi ka nya sasaktan to iiwanan