(Dagbladet): the Norwegian havneselskap is tired of the criticism that they are not doing enough to stop the miljøverstingene that pollute the Norwegian fjords.Switch the alarm after these pictures
Now go to the Bergen Harbour front in the fight against cruisekjempene that use up pure Norwegian nature. It's not just the exhaust that goes in the weather from the summer of. Doing the same price they must pay for polluting the Norwegian nature.
a few days ago, got the international cruisegigantene sjokkbrevet from Norway.
We introduce a new payment system that enables shipping companies must report how much energy they used when they were at the harbour. Then we calculate what they should pay for this, " says miljøleder Even Society in Bergen Harbour.
- For some of them the price will increase by 150 percent from 1. may the next year, " he says.Cooperation along the coast
Through a partnership with eleven other Norwegian cruisehavner Bergen Harbour developed a new system for the characterization of a cruiseskips to reduce its environmental footprint.
the System is called the Environmental Port Index (EPI), and one of the most important tasks is to capture how a ship performs in the harbor, explains the Society.
- From the 1. may 2019 will Bergen Harbour combining the EPI with the fees cruiseskipene pay today. This includes, among other things kaiavgift, passasjergebyr, ISPS fee, and other fees, " he says.
the basic fee will be kept at the same level as today, but the whole system will be differentiated according to the EPI points on the ship.
the Ships will receive a score from 1 to 30, where the lowest score is given to those who only meets today's environmental standards, the continuing Society.
- It is an important tool to establish a fair and transparent system for environmental differentiation of the various havnevederlag, " says the harbor master Rita As Maråk in Stranda municipality, which has responsibility for Geiranger.
They introduce the scheme from 1. January 2020.the Whip or the carrot
For the EPI-score lower than 30 will the price they must pay, increase. An EPI-score of 0 gives a maksimumsstraff with a 150 percent increase in portavgiftene. On the positive side, a score of 100 give a discount of 17.5 percent.MDG-August naked protest against cruiseskipene
the shipping Companies are now informed of the new payment system, which has attracted international attention. No other places in the world have such a system, and several countries are now looking to Norway, says the Society.
Bergen, Stavanger and Trondheim introduces the EPI-fee from 2019, while the other ports are waiting to 2020.
" We don't know how much the other ports will require the fee, because it is not the law with price-fixing. Therefore, the remaining EPI-the ports themselves determine the price level, says the Society.
- How has the response from the cruiserederiene been?
- This is so new that we currently do not have an overview over the reactions. But this year we have had ships on visits that are from 1948, and there is little doubt that some of the ships currently calling in Norway do not want to come here in the future, " says Society.
Flåm, which is one of the country's most popular cruisehavner, is also included in the scheme. the
And they think they will get the clean ships into the verdensarvfjordene in the future:
- WE have been with since the start of the development of the EPI. To use price differentiation as a "carrot" to bring down emissions is also something we have experience with through other models. It is important that this is about local emissions while the ship is at port, instead of when the ship is underway, said deputy harbor master Jon Olav Stedje.
Also on Svalbard taking use harsh means to stop miljøverstingene. the
Cruise ships that dock at Longyearbyen in 2019 must pay twice as much in kaivederlag as the ships in 2018.
- A deliberate strategy, " says the harbor master Kjetil Bråten. the
While cruisedebattene breeds along the Coast of Norway, Svalbard has decided to turn to the powerful when it comes to prices. the
- We must dare to say that we must earn money, and the prices will be screwed up even more in the years to come, " says havnesjefen to Svalbardposten. the
Price is also an instrument. those who think it is too expensive to add to the jetty in Longyearbyen, it is not certain that we want as visitors, continue havnesjefen. the
Kaivederlaget for the largest ships to Longyearbyen increase by over 100 per cent next year.Warned of the dangerous sommerluft. Then came the "monsterskipet" sailing into the fjord