Many are holding the winter holiday in week seven or eight, and it could mean a farewell to the grey Danish winter weather and instead a week of peaks, resorts and sub-zero temperatures.
Just desire to travel on holiday in the beginning of the year is the reason that the winter holidays were introduced.
Read here, where the danes prefer to go skiing, and why we are even holding the winter holidays:
* 464.679 Danish families have children between 6 and 16 years of age and should therefore probably keep a winter holiday in either week seven or eight.
* the winter holidays and February is the high season for the danes with rejsefeber.
* For skiers are Austria, Sweden and Norway favoritdestinationerne.
* In February 2017, when the latest records are from, there was a 70,000 long holiday trips to Austria (15 percent of the ferierejserne abroad the month), 50,000 to Sweden (11 percent) and 44.000 to Norway (10 percent). Long holiday travel covers trips of a duration of at least four nights.
* the Idea of a real winter emerged in the 1970s, where the danes began to change travel patterns.
* Multiple would on the skiing trip abroad, so that parents are relieved their children from the teaching in different weeks during the winter.
* Therefore, chose several municipalities to put the winter holidays either in week seven or eight.
Source: Statistics Denmark and the DR