It was well seen when the Rune Mai and his growing team of employees in 2015 made a significant shift with økonomiappen Spiir.
at that Time, the young danes and their money made to the area of focus for the company, which soon rounds 300,000 users. And it is a focus that has created success for both the Spiir and the app's users.
– public attitudes to young people was that they are careless and smoking out over the edge financially with consumer loans and unmanageable debt. It was about to impose on young people that they must stay on a stone, because they did the absolutely not. But is it really this way, reads the question from the Rune Mai, who since 2010 has been at the forefront of the digital service.
Close to Iran's young blærerøve: Boasting with luxury-toys, tight skin and binge drinking
the Answer is according to him quite another.
- It's all the more that when you are exposed to a great deal of social pressure, so it is difficult to make the right decisions, because you do not have a financial overview.
And the lack of overview was already in 2010 the idea behind the company, as the Danish Bank and a Norwegian DNB last year chose to invest tens of millions of dollars in. They believe so much in the idea of Spiir, that they would like to sit at the table, where the next ideas are born.
There are still red numbers in the Rune Mai's Spiir, but the hope he may soon change. Photo: Gregers Tycho
the Users of the Spiir can choose to put their transactions into the app, but they can also link data from their bank accounts in several banks directly, together with the app.
- So, the data will be analyzed and gathered into categories. Then you can put personal forbrugsmål for, how much you will use in the course of a week or month, explains Rune Mai.
- do you buy coffee every day? Or will you save on the coffee, and instead to Roskilde Festival? The idea is that each update in the Spiir counts as a nudge in the direction of that you will become more financially aware.
- If you need to make decisions about your priorities from your money, you must also know how you spend your money. And it was difficult in the past, he believes.
How it works
It is free to use Spiir, and all data you share with the service is kept completely private and cannot be viewed by others without user consent.
According to the Spiir decreases the consumption of luxury goods, typically with 10 percent of those who have used the service in three months.
You can find Spiir for Apple's mobile devices here and for Android here.
so far Spiir even red numbers on the bottom line, but the Rune Mai is not in doubt that they may be black.
the Money comes today from the services offered by other companies against payment is based, in cooperation with Spiir. But also from a focused marketplace, where selected digital partners get access to give users some really good offers.
- We are at the same time started to build a fordelsklub for Spiir-users and already offers now a cheap digital insurance.