Edward af Sillén is experienced manusskrivare with the six eurovision competitions, and three Eurovision behind them. Charlotte Perrelli has been on the scene twice, but never before commented on Eurovision.
"I know myself when I have been sitting at home on the couch and looked and felt the happiness when you get those little things, the small time-review", from someone who is truly knowledgeable, " says Charlotte Perrelli, who describes himself as a parliamentarian to Edward af Sillén.
Edward af Sillén sitting behind the microphone for the eighth time to give the viewers all that they can't see in the picture. The research is extensive. 41 countries ' songs to be listened to and seem to, if, the facts to be dug up and it involves weeks of preparation.
Armenia and Azerbaijan are competing in the same program, there are countries that are at war with each other.
Both agree that it applies to both entertain and to have respect for each artist.
– We want the viewers to feel that this is an important thing. This is the world's largest live broadcast in the world's largest music competition, and it is unique. On Thursday evening, competing for example, Armenia and Azerbaijan in the same program, there are countries that are at war with each other, " says Edward af Sillén.
their scripts, it becomes not rarely sarcastic and fun. But it is important to be both objective and subjective.
– There is a midpoint between the two. If you are truly subjective, then it becomes our program, it should not be. But, there are only objective then it becomes a bit absent. The whole point of Eurovision is to enjoy and it is the home to determine what they think about a song. But we must have fun together, " he says.
Charlotte Perrelli stresses that they both love the program and therefore can joke a little about it.
" we do nothing to cut any along with the ankles, it is absolutely not what it is all about. Then you have to also give another side. We love the Eurovision!
– It is very... the people are going to disagree on. It is a real watershed. But I always have respect for artists and expression who dare to stand out and the stand really out in the extent that you understand what he means. He sings that he has lost his mobile phone. It can you not believe when you see the number, " says Edward af Sillén.
Charlotte Perrelli agree with:
" this is really Eurovision, to dare. And I love when you don't go around in clothes that you could have bought in any store. But this will be difficult anyway I think.
" I'm pretty sure that we will be very proud on Saturday. John is incredible, the number is stunning, " says Edward af Sillén.
" It feels like it will go very well. They deliver, and it doesn't matter if a light goes out, it's all about the music, " says Charlotte Perrelli.
" It's fantastic to be here and most of the artists just comes down to Eurovision once because it is so very hard to win in Sweden. This will be a new experience for me.
" oh my God, it's like night and day. There is no comparison in this world. As an artist, it is a year of work before and then they have three minutes to show up. Then is everything in games. It is skittufft.
There is so allowed to get a blackout, it is sufficient that you look at someone in the audience and you start to think something else.
" Yes, all the time. Every minute of it! It is so very hard. There is so allowed to get a blackout, it is sufficient that you look at someone in the audience and you start to think something else. It is easy even if you can the song forwards and backwards.
Edward af Sillén recalls that it has happened to a Swedish in Eurovision.
– Björn Skifs in 1978, when he sang nonsense words instead of the words to ”It always gets worse forward the night”. But he solved it well.
And Charlotte Perrelli admits that even she has sung the wrong, in the Swedish Melodifestivalen 2012.
– the Second verse of ”The girl”. I was so focused on all the choreography, all of the steps. I stood and danced and was so inside of it and then suddenly I felt, there began the second verse, and now I sing wrong. When I do it, and now we shall see, it is not as long as the first verse so I have to switch back to the other versens chorus in the middle of a dance.
– But it was!
Read more: Hanna Fahl: We need Eurovision more than ever
Read more: Group Hatari to crash the economy of Iceland with the song