In a post in Medier24 takes presenter Fredrik Solvang in the Radio "Debate" to rebuke the massive storm of criticism he regularly receives after sending.
This text must not be misunderstood as a klageskrift where I ask not to be criticized, I point out only what I perceive as a growing trend. Criticize me, but try to make it factual and polite, " says Solvang to the Newspaper.- It is generally the most rabid feedback coming from well-grown
In the post he asks:
"the Listed one in the old days? Went to away to programledere on the streets and shouted them up the face that they are incompetent and a disgrace? Put one down with pen and paper and wrote just as raging and furious notes and sent them in the mail to the journalists in the old days? Screamed to each other by fax?"
According to Oddvar Stenstrøm, journalist and former presenter of the debattprogrammet "Holmgang" on TV 2, if the answer is yes.
My immediate reaction to the post to Solvang was that we got just as much shut up before, but on other platforms, he says to Dagbladet.
Harassment against debattledere was as usual as before, he believes.
- This is not something new. If you are not able to withstand it, have you really not something in the job to do.
When the Newspaper call Fredrik Solvang and presents him for Stenstrøms statement, he says that he could not have been more agree.
And obviously can withstand I it, since I still have the job, and love it. If those who lived in the old days say it was just as bad then, so bow I me for it, " he says.RECEIVED the THREATS: After especially controversial debates, had previously "Holmgang"-presenter Oddvar Stenstrøm take a taxi door-to-door when he went to and from work. Photo: Gorm Kallestad / NTB Scanpix Show more Got death threats
Stenstrøm says among other things, he received death threats when he worked as a television presenter.
- But we jumped not out in the newspapers, or on social media. There existed not the time. But we got letters and phone calls, " says Stenstrøm.
"Are you with the toy, you must be able to withstand the roast", is it what you say?
- able to Withstand and endure, one may not say that you agree that people behave bad manners. But it is the one time the way the world is, and I don't think it is possible to do anything in particular with it, " he says.
the Internet and social media makes it even more difficult, believe Stenstrøm.
- There are people with extreme opinions out there, and they have free access to the various platforms. How do you prevent them to say what they mean, and where goes the border? If a guy thinks I'm an idiot and says it to me, I look not just at it as a defamation. There must he be allowed to!- An even bigger idiot
One strategy may be to fight fire with fire, should we believe Stenstrøm.
- I answered always with the same coin. If someone called me an idiot, I wrote back: "The one who has written this, seems to be an even bigger idiot".
Stenstrøm says the slogan in the Holmgang-the editorial staff was "inform, engage and provoke".
And when we prayed to get a beating, " he says.
the Reaction came rarely out in the public.
It could maybe happen at a bar or a restaurant, that someone came and said I was a bastard.When the son of Oddvar Stenstrøm (70) googled him, he responded strongly to what he found the Newspaper Plus
To ask the controversial questions can annoy viewers boundlessly, think Stenstrøm.
It is extra bad when you do it in the NRK, then they pay the for it.
After the particular controversial debates, it happened that the threats flowed in to the switchboard on the TV 2. When he got word of the police to take a taxi from door to door when he was travelling to and from work, " he says.
I did not go on the Metro or on the city after such debates. Immigration, crimea, where the fronts can be steep, and a lot of people have outrerte opinions. I gradually became accustomed to it.
Some of the hetsen he has to and with saved.
I have hidden a part of the letter. I have lots of letters at home, that is far worse than what I've seen cited on social media the last few years. But I endured it, because I thought that's the world. It was worse for the family. I kept at this for twelve years, and then one becomes a bit tykkhudet. But family and friends are not there, " he says.- Gærninger
Stenstrøm says that because social media did not exist in the same way when he was a presenter, was not hetsen shared with the public in the same way.
" We had, of course, not Facebook at the time. It may well be that we had shared, if we had had the opportunity. We talked about it internally in the newsroom, " he says.
He believes social media makes it easier to hetse, but also that it makes hetsen synligere.
When these gærningene have been platforms where the unedited can say what they think, it is clear, it becomes more visible to the public. It is pleasant and friendly that one is talking about it, I don't mind that Solvang goes out and tells about his experience, but when he asks questions about it has always been like that, so if the answer is yes. Of course. Lead the debates, there is always someone who hate you, and others who love you.the Great pleasure of hetsen
Stenstrøm is not alone in having received verbal abuse. Pål T. Jørgensen, journalist and former presenter of the debattprogrammet "Tabloid" on TV 2, took mostly sjikanen with a smile.HUMOR: Pål T. Jørgensen hung up the best hetsen on the wall. Photo from the premiere of "Tabloid" in 2000. Photo: Cornelius Poppe / NTB Scanpix Show more
- We got a part mail. You will always be a part mail. Verbal abuse and harassment. I had the great pleasure of it. The best formulated sjikanen we hung up on the wall. I had a whole wall full of verbal abuse, he says to Dagbladet.
Here he hung the "best" hetsen - those who had spelled correctly and worded well.
He recalls, among other things, an e-mail with the text: "TREASON is punishable by death in Norway! The muck-TV! Pål T. Jørgensen is society's SCUM!!"
On the streets he got, however, go in peace.
My experience is that those who come up to you on the street, are those who have something positive to say. Those who hetser, dare never to come out and confront you. I'm a pretty tall and big guy, and can take again, as I have never been verbally abused on the street. But I've had my discussions and quarrels.
the Reaction came in the form of phones, emails and letters.
There were still people who wrote the letter at the time, they did not manage to log in. I got a lot of emails with harassing and utskjellinger, " he says.Entertainment
In like Solvang, Jørgensen often attributed political opinion.
" I have been reviled for being everything from a communist to høyrevridd. Many perceive you as political when you ask questions. You are asking the critical questions to an on-høyresida, are you a communist. You are asking the critical questions to the one on the left side, you høyrevridd. So I've been on both the extreme left and the extreme right, " he says, and laughs.Pål T. Jørgensen rages against TV 2-management
the Accusations prevented him never to see the comic in sjikanen.
- If you put a little calm back and read these things, so it's undeniably a certain amount of entertainment value. And it is often very helplessly. But those who managed to formulate itself properly, it seems I was fun.
- you Have a bit of respect for the good hetserne?
- No, I don't have any respect for them. But I think it is fun. It's fun that it evokes such strong feelings that they are putting themselves down and temporary differences out in writing, often following all the rules of art. It means something for them, " he says.Will not belittle racism
Jorgensen says hetsen was rarely discussed internally.
It was a part of the job. We looked at it as a part of it to drive the public debate. It was the way it was, " he says.
In December, wrote the Newspaper about a complaint that was sent in from a viewer to Kringkastingsrådet. Here was Solvang criticized with what was described as "racist characteristics".
Jørgensen emphasises that he does not want to trivialize the racism from the viewers.
I think he experiences it differently because a part of hetsen is racially motivated, and it makes it much more seriously than hetsen against me were. I could only laugh it off and look at it as pure entertainment.NRK-complaint evokes disgust: "Maybe you need to drill in the genes to find the answers to Solvangs behavior"