on Monday night blinded the DR up for a new season of the program 'Cool Facts', where three couples struggle to lose weight and find the spark in the relationship again with the expert guidance from an expert in health, Michelle Kristensen.
the Pairs are in the program followed intensively for seven months in an attempt to reach their goals.
One of the few, one follows in the programme, Tina at 41 years old, and Thomas, at 36 years old, who lives in Ebeltoft, denmark with their three children.
The two have been together for 16 years and met each other through their training in defense. Since they got together has Tina taken 30 pounds, while Thomas has taken 20 pounds in weight.
It has left its mark on their bodies, but in the extent of their relationship, where intimacy has become less and less. Tina has gradually lost the desire for Thomas.
- the Reason why we told us to the program was that we were stuck in a track. We got stuck in the bad habits, and we had other wishes and aspirations for our lives, says Tina for the Extra Magazine and continues:
- We love each other, but we were stuck in some roles, as we did not want to be in. We lost interest in each other, and we thrived not, but fortunately it develops in line with the program, she says secretively.
See also: Afraid to die: - We couldn't manage it
According to Tina she did, and Thomas many considerations before they said yes to appearing in a 'Cool Fact'.
- It has been a wild, nerve-wracking, and we talked it through a lot before we said yes, in order to expose themselves for the whole of Denmark. But we agreed that it was here, we would, if we would reach our goal and save our relationship, " she says, and continues:
- to be brutally honest we also hope that we can be an inspiration for some others who can recognize it and get the courage to do something about the problems that they are facing.
Here is Tina and Thomas, along with an expert in health, Michelle Kristensen. Photo: Morten Sønniksen/DR
Tina says that she has in a long time well known, that she had a few too many pounds on the sidebenene, but it was only when she saw herself on tv that it dawned on her how bad it really was.
- It was wild to see my first weighing. I already knew that I was fat and overweight, when I stood in it. But when I saw it on tv, I was completely speechless. For I have not seen myself this way, and it is not the people we are anymore, she says.
- But all in all it has been a really good experience, and we have really learned very much to be with, she says.
the pair Tina and Isabel, who are both 34 years old, and lives in the village of St. Andst in Jutland, take part in the new season of 'Cool Fact'.
Tina has taken approx. 20-25 pounds in weight and Isabel 20 kilos on, since the pair got together three years ago. The pair volunteered for the program because their relationship was about to change as a consequence of their overweight.
- We had discussed that, if not soon as we did something, we were going to have to go from each other. We pulled each other down. We just sat on the couch. We had not done the things we planned. We did not food. We ate junk food and sweets. When we did something we thought was good for each other, it was really bad. It was fredagsslik on a Tuesday, and we rewarded each other with food, says Isabel to Ekstra Bladet.
the Pair want also to lose weight to get their biggest wish fulfilled. Namely to have children.
- from the start, it has been a big desire to have children. It has been hard, it has not been possible because of the weight. It has affected our mood very much. It was with that we had to take the chance before we are too old, she says further.
Tina and Isabel has been very much in doubt whether they had the desire to share so much of their personal life on national tv.
- We were thinking the very about whether or not we would be judged as two losers, and we didn't want to be exhibited. But at the same time we were agreed that it was a chance we had to take. We love each other, and then it must be the price we pay in order to get help. It has been worth it all, even though in the beginning it was something you should get used term to.Show more Close