After the devastating dam break in East Brazil, the number of dead has risen to almost a hundred. So far, 99 of the deaths had been discovered in Brumadinho, informed the authorities of the Federal state of Minas Gerais on Wednesday. 259 people were still missing.
On the sixth day after the accident, 320 firefighters were looking for Buried people, said the coordinator of the search operation to the civil defense of Minas Gerais, Flavio Godinho. Their work was hampered by rain. A police spokesman said that 400 officers were in and around Brumadinho in use, to prevent looting of abandoned houses and shops.
The accident had happened on Friday of last week at an iron ore mine in the municipality of Brumadinho. After a dam break on a back pool for mining waste, ergo grip, millions of tons of mud down the surrounding area of the mine. The mud buried houses, cars and streets and to keep the canteen of the Brazilian company Vale, in the currently, many workers lunch.
Video: danger in Brazil is not banned Great unhappiness: The mining group Vale is in the criticism. (Video: AFP)
The public Prosecutor's office ordered on Tuesday three Vale engineers and two local employees of the TÜV Süd, for the last safety inspection of the dam is responsible. (fal/AFP)
Created: 31.01.2019, 12:52 PM