He grew up in a home where there were limits to what his family believed he could become.
at the age of six he got every evening help to pack a small suitcase with the most important thing, he thought, he should use if he has now received the ultimate dream fulfilled and was the country's prime minister.
Silas Holst is not, however, ended up in politics - at least not yet. In return, he is one of Denmark's most popular dancers and boasts the unofficial title as the country's uncrowned musicalkonge.
A title, he puts even more force behind it, when he from the 20. april step out on the scene in 'Flashdance - The Musical'.
But even if Silas Holst has been hailed as a star, he has sometimes had a hard time even seemed, that he was it.
I ended up with a few years ago and stuck with the feeling that I was repeating myself. I had the same hairstyle in all the performances, and everything I played was something John Travolta had the game at a time, says Silas Holst.
- So I felt I was becoming a copy, without further to compare me with him, says the dancer, who, along with his boss laid a careful plan for how he could develop.
While dance has always filled a great deal to him - both before and after, he starred in the popular entertainment programme 'dancing with the stars', he has in recent years put the turbo on his career as an actor.
Yet Silas Holst himself had a hard time seeing themselves as a part of the Danish skuespilsbranche.
- I am often quite afraid of what other people think - whether they see me as such a clown-Francis. If I can demand to be taken seriously, when I last month did something, where I would like to have, that the people laughed of me, says the dancer.
- It is a little grueling fight - not that it should be selvynk, I think, also, it gives me a drive, I don't quite feel, I beats to. It makes me want to become more proficient, he says.
Up to tests of 'Flashdance - The Musical', therefore, he has taken training in acting. In addition to a four-month basic course with the State Teaterskoles second year, he has also received one-to-one with a drama teacher single.
- It has been really nice to get some tools. In the past when I for example played a show where I had to cry, I have been need to download it completely deep down in myself, and it is extremely exhausting to do night after night. I have been absolutely exhausted at the end, explains Silas Holst.
many years ago he was actually entered at the national theatre School. In Copenhagen he did not come in. On the education in Odense he went on to the second try and in Aarhus, he reached the third try before he got a refusal.
Shortly after he was headhunted to the 'dancing with the stars'. Nevertheless, put the experience with the theatre school on the self-esteem.
- Since I have had such a feeling that they would not have me. It was quite traumeagtigt to be at the school in Copenhagen again. But dramatimerne ended up to be the coolest experience, " he says.
He is not the type, who find it difficult to engage in new things. On the business card he can also write a radio announcer, restaurantejer and author.
the Courage to say yes to the opportunities that arise, attributes he especially his grandmother. In general, he grew up in a home with strong women, he says.
But as was something very special.
She worked in the Tivoli pond, and with her there were not many limits to what one was allowed to.
Friday's Disney Fun served she is along with a thin gin and tonic and a piece of Marabou-chocolate to the young Silas Holst. At the age of 12, he was allowed to taste a cigarette.
It was also his grandmother, who taught him that there really probably is cold at the top, but when you're catched up, so you can also afford a fur coat.
A piece of advice, Silas Holst have thought of many times, while he has experienced both the front and back of the medal to be known in Denmark.
The hardest part for him has been the feeling that everyone expected something of him.
- I had some years where I went up in, how I looked, when I went on the street, and what people mon thought. It was almost overwhelming. I felt that I should always smile and be happy, and it filled so much in my head that I had to pull the plug and go in any therapy to clean out of it, tells Silas Holst.
The largest wakeupcall, however, has been to be the father, says Silas Holst, who has a daughter, Maggie My and son, Bob Jones with her ex-husband, the actor John Nymark and her friend, Louise Mankopf.
- When I had children, it was as if it was just that it was important. It saved me, it changed me really. It removed much of it navlepilleri, which has been really healthy for me, he says.
the Children have also been his focal point in the past year and a half, after he was divorced from Johannes Nymark.
- It is a heavy grief to carry around. It is not for fun, no matter how happy a divorce as can be, " says Silas Holst.
He feels himself, he is the country a good place, even though he has had to dig themselves out of a dark.
- The trip has been long, but also really good and healthy. It is another Silas, come out in the light. I'm not so easy to knock off course any longer, he says.
in retrospect, he seems that he and Johannes Nymark has been really good to deal with the divorce.
- It feels as though we have been given a second chance, for there is a completely different kind of love between us now. We will always be a family, even though we have been divorced, and going to be the rest of his life, he says.
Both he and Johannes Nymark has found love again after divorce.
- It is nice to see John spread the wings and fly out and find a new love and feel that he has it in the same way.
- I think it helped that we flew at the same time. There weren't any that stuck. We waited for the other was also ready to fly, and I think it is the greatest declaration of love. We really cared for each other, says Silas Holst.
today he is In the process of writing a book about the whole experience with to start a family and be divorced again. It has also helped him to navigate the emotions.
- I would never have been our marriage apart, but I am glad that we are where we are today, he says.
Danish well-known - 22. jun. 2018 - at. 07:27 Silas after the car chase and smashed the wagon: Too furious to talk