Sveriges Television has been cut in Granskningsnämnden, a government institution that adjudicates complaints against radio and TELEVISION programs. the
the Decision comes after the channel took the distance from a statement Sverigedemokraternas Jimmie Åkesson came with in the so-called "sluttdebatten", a partilederdebatt two days before the Swedish riksdagsvalget. This report Expressen.Norwegian expert about the disputed event: Think this may send more voters to Åkesson
Granskningsnämnden states that the incident is contrary to the requirement of impartiality. That statement came after a partilederdebatt and a short time before the election, recorded in the committee's decision.
The SVT takes distance from a party two days before the election, is nothing less than a scandal. For us, it is obvious that the man acted outside the mission of impartiality, " says Sverigedemokraternas officer Henrik Gustafsson about the decision.- Rough generaliserende
- Only invandrere to get a job so do everything to resolve itself. They have said all the time. It does not happen, so is it not. We must ask ourselves the question: Why is it so difficult for these people to get a job? Yes, because they are not swedes. They do not fit into Sweden, and then it is difficult to get a job, said Sverigedemokraternas leader on live TV.
After the debate said the Rt presenter:
- Jimmie Åkessons statements were grossly generaliserende, and the SVT takes distance from them.
SVT defended the statement with reference to the radio - and TV-act demokratiparagraf, which says that programvirksomhet is subject to "the principle of all men's equality".
"Our assessment was that this required that we took the distance," says head of department Anne Lagercrantz to SVT.
- There are difficult decisions, and we always try to abide by the current regulations.- Scandal TVNorge field in the PCC for having named the man as possible ghost
the Decision has aroused strong reactions, and has among other things led to that the Sverigedemokraterna now choose to boycott the Swedish harmless for an indefinite time.
" We know that we need to mark ourselves in this matter, for we are really not agree in this decision. We think it is a big scandal, " said Åkesson to TT Nyhetsbyrån, corresponding to the Norwegian NTB.
a Short time after the selected Rt valgsjef Eva Landahl to resign his position.
the Decision came in the aftermath of that Expressen among others had revealed that she had pressed "like" on a tweet that was critical of Sverigedemokraterna.
Landahl said that she was not aware that she had "liked" the relevant tweet.follow-up question
program director, Jan Helin in the SVT says to Expressen that he takes the committee's decision.
- We have understood that our method did not work. Previously we have been in the field for not taking sufficient distance from the similar statements, but now we field because we do it, " he says.
He says the channel now rather choose to take a chance on to be fields for the opposite.
Should a similar situation occur in the future, statements that may be perceived as undemocratic treated with a follow-up question, rather than taking the distance directly.
- We're going to put our trust in journalism, " he says.Stood up from the wheelchair and killed his mother