A 43-year-old man from Ringsted, started on Tuesday to remove the weeds in his garden, but ended up getting a fine by the police. Before then, he also to visit the Middle - and Sydsjællands Fire and Rescue.
the Reason was that he chose to use flames to remove the weeds, and after the police view, he had not been careful enough during the use of its ukrudstbrænder.
It was at 19.23, to the man himself called the fire department to its home location on Battery in the city. It turned out that the fire had taken hold in the insulation in the wall of the man's shed, like that was flaring up at the base of the shed.
the Man had even tried to turn off the most part, but it was not managed to get the fire knocked down.
at the same time with that the man rang 112, the police are automatically notified about the emergency call and chose to run to the man's address.
Here explained to the cops the man, that he had not been careful enough with the use of its ukrudtsbrænder.
According to the communications consultant at the Middle - and West zealand Police, Martin Bjerregaard, police have many cases where private is not careful enough when they use fire on their land.
- As the majority has the man been for uforforsigtig. When you need the fire brigade to extinguish a fire that has arisen as a result of the use of fire, so is beredskabsloven very clear. You risk a fine, says Martin Bjerregaard.
Beredskabsloven § 71
With fine is punished
1) that does not exhibit due care with fire, light, matches, ash, inflammable substances, and what may cause or promote fire, or fail to ensure that persons belonging to his household or business, exhibit such caution, and
2) that as the owner or user of electrical plants or other light, heating, power or machinery, which may cause or promote fire, use such facility or allow them to make use of, regardless that they are not in good condition.
Police often see cases, where it is ukrudtsbrændere, which is the reason why the fire department must come out.
- But it can also be when people have laid the tar paper on and are not careful enough with the use of the heating and the burner. Some times smoking all shed, and there may be consequential on the roofing, and the like, says Martin Bjerregaard.
A fine for the violation of the beredskabslovens provision on the use of open fire is typically in the range of 1000 to 1500 crowns.
No one was hurt during the episode.