the Politician Rasmus Paludan is angry at the band ADHD.
The controversial leader of the liberal party firm threatens to sue ADHD, because the satirical trio has sampled his voice on the current hit ’V for victory’.
- I should get royalties! They violate the musikbranchens basic standards for the sharing of profits.
- They use my voice, which of course belongs to me, and in the music video is the firm’ living pictures they have used. We have copyright to, " says Rasmus Paludan to Ekstra Bladet.
the ’V for victory’ went in this week to check on 36. the square of the official Danish album charts, and is currently in the top 20 on the Spotifys updated daily chart with almost 250.000 streams the past week.
the Video for the song is even played almost half a million times on YouTube:
- It can't be true, that they serve rushing with money on something which is largely my. I must of course have payment.
- I'm going to go ahead with it via my lawyer. Right now I am however busy with the election campaign, so my time is quite limited, informs Rasmus Paludan, who himself is a lawyer.
the Politician is happy for the mention, but he has heard better songs:
- It's not exactly Leonard Cohen, but of course it is nice to be known through many channels, for it propagates the awareness of me and our policy.
- But what they sing is not true. They sing, I use skattepengene, because the police will protect me, and it is not true. Those who use skattepengene, are the ones that want to kill me.
Frederick Dyrby Nielsen from ADHD acknowledges that Rasmus Paludan has the law on his side:
- It is true that we have not asked him about the law, but we had no idea that it would become so popular. We were doing just the song for fun.
- We have been asked whether it is a tribute to him, but it is in no way. We think he's a nut, and that is why we made the song. In order to make fun of him.
ADHD has previously released the song ’My cock is nice’ with the use of the poet Yahya Hassan's voice.
Yahya Hassan later 50% of the revenues, explains Frederik Dyrby Nielsen, who was in the finals of 'the X Factor' in 2013 as a member of the band Wasteland.
ADHD will after the Ekstra comments now try to get in contact with Rasmus Paludan for ’to find a solution to the problem’.
ADHD got a gold record as proof of their success with the song and with Yahya Hassan. Photo: ADHD