1. Start small It does not have to equal the six-month trip around the world. Who's never traveled alone, the best place to start with something Short, Known. How about a day trip to a nearby favorite town? A two-day Road trip to visit friends in the neighboring countries? A week in a holiday cottage in the mountains?
2. Not to hard Even the most experienced Solo-be yourself-travelers feel down and lonely again, or travel weary. Then be not too hard with yourself. Especially for longer trips, we recommend stopping for a rest day to look around a whole day in the hotel room movies, or to sink into a novel. Small routines and rituals help, if you find yourself in the middle of Nowhere again, and the feeling that the world had moved on without a further: for example, a coffee drink, a favorite song, listen, do Yoga, or with friends on the phone.
3. Travel plan and gut feeling The sense of security of traveling is very individual. Many a solo traveler like behavior but would like something more careful, as if he or she is in a group. To leave a travel plan with friends or family, helps you to feel more secure. Even more, if you report via SMS when you have reached a new Destination. Also, announce when you have some days of no cell phone reception, because you go about in the Wilderness, tents, and say when you will report, at the latest, heard back.
A certain inclination for Small Talk increases the feeling of safety also: tell the owners what you have planned for a day trip, chat with the Park Rangers – so that people can remember you, if you should get lost. And to Trust and, finally, your gut feeling. If a place feels weird, you should have no inhibitions to go. No matter whether the room is already paid for. No matter whether the tent is already set up.
traveling Alone can be exhausting, but it also brings unexpected rewards. Photo: Unsplash
4. Prefer to take a lot of the Taxi explore A foreign city on foot, the charm of its own has. Nevertheless, if you feel unsafe, take it, if he or she is traveling alone, rather a Taxi, as he/she runs an unknown distance. Especially at night. Also: Download Offline maps of the area and make a note of the approximate Route back to the Hotel, so you notice when the Taxi hits a weird way.
5. No live coverage in social media Even if it is delightful to share the great tent, the beautiful vantage point, the generous Bar via Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter with his friends and followers, We know that especially in the case of public profiles never, who mitschaut. Therefore, it is, when traveling alone, depending on the destination and activity, possibly safer, to let the Instagram Account a few days behind the actual location is lagging behind.
you Make any activity that you would do in a group.
6. And to eat an Apple Enough, and to drink is essential for mental well-being on the go and easier said than done. It is not rare to feel from the travel-Blues overcome, if one is very dehydrated easily. And just when you arrive exhausted after a long day of travel in an unknown city, it is tempting to omit a meal and crawling into the Hotel. It is worthwhile in such cases, in advance, a nearby Restaurant, pick out, or to have at least a few granola bars in your Luggage, and once in a while an Apple.
And speaking of health: A good travel first-aid kit in the Luggage is helpful. If you travel alone, you have no one who can looking for a in the event of any complaints, the nearest pharmacy, and is glad, if has first aid on Hand.
7. Training against boredom boredom is part of the travel alone, be it during long bus rides, whether it be in the evenings in the Hotel. Enough reading material provides a remedy, in the Form of books, guides, magazines or E-Reader. Also, you can use the free time for training: There are many universities online courses in all subject areas, it is language learning Apps, Podcasts. You are going also alone to the cinema, to concerts, to the theatre, to the Museum, and make even otherwise, every activity that you would do if you were in a group.
8. The meeting point hostel kitchen contact to other travellers to lift the travel mood, when you will be alone too much. Hostels offer as a place to stay, where you can cook in the shared kitchen and can chat. Sometimes a casual, temporary travel community results.
Small rituals such as Yoga help, traveling alone to cope. Photo: Pixabay.
9. Well-organized Make it a bit organised: a guided Trekking in Nepal, for example, a Ranger program in the American national parks, visits to environmental organizations in Bali or take a Tour in the tourist Shuttle bus along the Great Ocean Road in Australia. Then you don't have to worry about transport, tickets, or other Organizational matters, have a quasi-day off, and can simultaneously satisfy a possible need for social interaction.
10. The time traveling Alone means that you can organize his time very fully themselves, at their own pace to travel, learn, experience. You can use this: Drive two hours through the desert to a national Park, to Hiking only there for two hours and then go back. You can walk one and a half hours to a Hindu temple, and then spend only five minutes to get there. You enjoy being on the road, as well as the destination.
A contributor of travel content.
Created: 20.11.2019, 09:58 PM