In 2022, the first soil cast. And in 2040 it is expected that Denmark has one of Northern europe's largest, greenest and most innovative business parks'.
the Government and Hvidovre Municipality launches on Monday, the large-scale project in the extension of Avedøre Holme. This means that the creation of nine new islets. The area is given the name of the Islets.
The nine artificial islands must first and foremost make space for roads.
- In Hvidovre Municipality we are both visionary and innovative. And we are conscious of our history and the green past, as the area of Avedøre Holme can boast of, says mayor of Hvidovre Municipality, Helle Adelborg (S) in a press release.
- Why are the visions of the business opportunities on the Islets just as big, as the requirements of the area is green, she says.
According to the Deloitte will Islets create up to 12,000 new jobs. And up to 30.000 new jobs in the secondary effects, the assessment.
Employment Troels Lund Poulsen (V) calling the project 'a visionary project, which the government wholeheartedly support'.
- It will be to tie Copenhagen even better together with the Area and the rest of Zealand. Copenhagen and know is an important driver of growth for the whole of Denmark.
- With the Islets creates the government and the municipalities breeding ground for new businesses, which requires skilled labor, we in the community - both businesses and government - have a responsibility to get trained and qualified, he says.
Morten Bødskov (S), president of the Business, Growth and export committee in the Danish Parliament, has to TV2 News said that the Social democrats support the project.
the Islets will mean that Denmark are in a better position in the international competition to attract business to the country.
It says the economy and the interior, Simon Emil Ammitzbøll-Beetle (LA).
- It can contribute to the growth and development not just in the metropolitan area, but across the country, he says.
There is missing space to the industry in the metropolitan area. It says trade and industry minister, Rasmus Jarlov (K).
- It is incredibly important that we work to strengthen the framework for growth and development in the metropolitan area, which is a growth engine not just for the rest of Sjælland, but for the whole country, " says Jarlov.
the Islets means that there will be a new coastline of 17 kilometers.
In October last year, the government and the city of Copenhagen agreed on creation of a new copenhagen district, there shall rise up in the Sound between Nordhavn and Refshaleøen.
It gets the name Lynetteholmen with space to 35,000 inhabitants.