One of the creators of the Emmy-winning dramaserien "Mammon", Gjermund Stenberg Eriksen, says to Dagbladet that he is critical of the film (NFF) presentation of isfronten between the NRK and the associated the last few weeks.
- I don't think associated has been peaceful, " he says and continues:
- the NFF team that one must say from all rights to NRK. It is not true. You give up the rights to impressions in other places than on the Radio platforms. I'm sosialdemokrat, and has the Norwegian population paid for the content, well then, I think it's okay that "Mammon" is available at NRK.NRK-top turns back toward the bransjeboikott Stall fronts
In January, told the union leader in the Norwegian filmforbund (NFF), Sverre Pedersen, its members to boycott the BBC, and encouraged with the Norwegian film and tv industry to not allow themselves to be employees in the Radio productions. Nonsense, thinks The dramasjef Ivar Køhn about the arguments.
Besides the disagreement about the tarifflønn for those who are appointed temporarily by the NRK, is the core of the quarrel disagreement about who will own the copyrights to the series NRK stock internally in the future.
Easily explained: To serienes creative powers, as directors and screenwriters get consideration for the use of what they have made, and thus earn money on the tv screenings and streaming? Or to NRK manage the content yourself?
Examples of previous internserier is "Heimebane" and "Shame". A series of "Nobel" is made of a eksternselskap on behalf of the BBC, such is not included in the conflict.
the NFF wants fagforeningens own body, Filmforbundets Organization for Rettighetsforvaltning (FOR), taking up rights and distribution of the consideration. NRK disagree.CRITICAL: Mammon-creates Gjermund Stenberg Eriksen (right) in 2016. Here with brother and co-creator, Vegard Stenberg Eriksen, who do not speak out in this matter. Photo: Henning " / Dagbladet. Show more Gives out 950 000
"Mammon" is of the NRK in the last few years sold on that concept to other broadcasters in Europe, for example, in the last year to the Czech republic and Poland, who make their own versions. When it happens earn Stenberg Eriksen money.
the Newspaper has asked for transparency in how much the NRK Drama pays out to rights holders for 2018, and get to the answer that it should be paid around 950 000 in royalties, a sum equal to half of the revenue passed back to the NRK Drama from Aktivium. Mainly does the money go to writers belonging to the series "Eyewitness" and "Mammon", informs NRK.the Manager has sent out information to the film industry: - Boycott NRK
- as far As I know, NRK the best deals you can get. I get a share if NRK earn money "Mammon"-the production. They don't, I get nothing, " says Stenberg Eriksen.Cake to all
He is also disagree in tariffavtalene that the NFF want the NRK introduces.
- Tv-productions lasts a lot longer than films, and if, for example, photographers have as much paid for half a year with a tv-recording for a month with film, then there will be a lot less money to create drama with. And when you make it harder for all the creators of the drama in Norway. The NFF must contribute to those who create drama to understand the economy. It's simple: Everyone gets more cake if there is more cake, says "Mammon"-the creator.
- A trade union in Norway can not drive and dictate the resale and financing of dramaproduksjoner in the growth phase of the nordic drama is in now. The NFF should contribute to more dramaproduksjon and jobs in order to make it more difficult for everyone, " he continues.- Completely different things
Sverre Pedersen in the Norwegian filmforbund, " says the consideration and royaltys, are two completely different things, and I think Stenberg Eriksen "talking against better knowledge".
- Consideration for exploitation follows the law of copyright to intellectual property, as Norway is the EU obliged to follow. Royalty is something the director and the script can negotiate up to, and it revolves around profit-sharing. In Sweden and Denmark have SVT and DR as the principle that there should be equal pay and conditions whether you work on the internal productions with broadcasters or on remote productions for broadcasters, " he says.
And there will also NFF, according to Pedersen, who says that the NRK is an important actor in Norway.
- We have offered NRK completely equal terms as the rest of the industry, whether it is private production companies, commercial broadcasting or foreign strømmetjeneste. The sad thing is that the whole industry outside of the NRK has addressed for the TV dramaoverenskomsten and our opphavsrettsavtaler and principles, " continues Pedersen.NRK: Should the employer or the union to manage the creation of content in the Uk? Debate